Squirrels are harmless critters that can be caught with a Bug Net ( except for Dolphins and Sea Turtles) and do not normally interact with the player in any other way, except in that they can be killed by both players and enemies. They have 5 health and usually serve as ambient entities in Terraria. Very similar to Bunnies, they appear in the Forest biome.
On Desktop, Console, and Mobile, the Gold Squirrel has a 1 in 150 chance of spawning instead of a normal one. These gold critters sell for
100000*10 each. Gold critters are rare creatures which are detected by the Lifeform Analyzer. Visual identification is helped by the sparkles they emit when alive in the world.
Most naturally spawned Squirrels can be caught with a Bug Net, and carried in the player's inventory (or placed in storage). If a critter caught with any Bug Net is taken from inventory and "used" (placed), it is again released into the environment at the cursor and behaves as usual.
The Squirrel Cage occupies a 6x3 space. The Squirrel inside may follow these patterns randomly:
- Run from one side of the cage to the other
- Briefly put its hands and head together while on the right side (3 different ways to do it)
- Briefly look (and sometimes stare) out of the screen while on the left side (and sometimes put its hands on its cheeks while doing so)
- Blink while standing still
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, squirrels used to emit a dark blue glow at night.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Squirrel: "Fast moving and erratic woodland creatures with greyish-brown fur. Got nuts?"
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Squirrel Statues.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now sells for
- Desktop 1.2.3: Can now be caught with the Bug Net and put in cages.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.