Staff of Earth
|Damage||125 / 45 (Magic)|
|Knockback||7.5 (Very strong)|
|Mana||18 / 17|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a powerful boulder|
The Staff of Earth is a Hardmode, post-Golem magic weapon which has a 12.5% (1/8) chance to be dropped by Golem. When used, it launches a Jungle Temple-style boulder that is affected by gravity, bounces off of tiles and rolls on the floor, and can pierce enemies five times before breaking upon the sixth hit. It continues damaging enemies on contact while it rolls on the ground. The boulder's actual damage depends on its velocity at the time of impact, and is about twice the stated value when hitting at top speed.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If a boulder is moving slowly or not moving at all, it will only do 1 damage to enemies and 2 on critical strike. However, knockback will still apply, allowing you to slow down enemies.
- If a player is hugging up against a wall while using the staff, the boulder will move through said wall.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One way to achieve top velocity for maximum damage is to fire boulders from above, downward.
- The boulder's high damage and piercing, along with its ability to roll on the ground, makes it extremely effective when deployed as ground-based crowd control.
- The quick use time also makes it a viable weapon for inflicting high single-target damage, although the Heat Ray is a much better weapon for this purpose.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Item and projectile sprites updated.
- Now lists "max speed" damage rather than "low speed" damage.
- Increased critical chance from 4% to 24%.
- Mana Cost increased from 15 to 18.
- Use Time decreased from 40 to 24.
- Projectile speed greatly increased.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Increased damage from 45 to 73.
- Reduced mana cost from 17 to 15.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where Staff of Earth's boulders would sink through tiles if they're in water.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.