We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Staff of Regrowth
Staff of Regrowth
|Knockback||3 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip|| Creates grass and moss on dirt and stone
Increases alchemy plant collection when used to gather
|Internal Item ID: 213|
The Staff of Regrowth is a unique planting tool that can be found in Jungle Shrines, and Jungle Crates from fishing. It increases the yield of herbs and seeds when harvested. When harvesting plants from Clay Pots or Planter Boxes, only blooming herbs that would drop seeds can be cut. When harvesting plants from natural blocks in Singleplayer mode, immature sprouts will be destroyed and plants that are fully grown but not in bloom will drop seeds.
The Staff of Regrowth can also be used to grow Moss on stone. The type of moss will vary depending on the proximity to other types of moss. As such, one can spread the Fire Moss from the cavern's lava layers all the way up to the surface.
Its best Modifiers are Light, which makes for faster harvests, or Legendary, which grants it the best combat bonuses.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite being found in the Jungle, the Staff of Regrowth does not grow Jungle Grass on Mud Blocks.
- If grass is grown near lava, it will revert to dirt after a few moments.
- Using the staff to collect Glowing Mushrooms will not yield extra Glowing Mushrooms or Mushroom Grass Seeds.
- Grass placed below and moss placed above depth zero will not naturally spread and will not grow tall grass or fuzz.
- Unlike a weapon the auto swing will not hit herbs (even in bloom) unless they are directly targeted.
- Unlike a pickaxe the staff cannot harvest non-blooming herbs from pots even when directly targeted.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Some herbs can be very difficult to farm, such as Deathweed, which only drops seeds when harvested on a full or blood moon. The Staff of Regrowth can still harvest seeds from any herb, even if the conditions required to harvest seeds are not met.
- The Staff may grow grass on any Dirt Block, no matter how deep it is. Unfortunately, grass has limited function underground. Past a certain point, Grass will not grow weeds or Dayblooms, and Trees will not mature.
- The Staff of Regrowth functions well as a trail marker in the Underground layer, as grass stands out well in the environment of grays and browns.
- The Staff of Regrowth can be used to indirectly spread Hallowed, Corrupted, or Crimson grass underground by growing grass near Pearlstone, Ebonstone, or Crimstone respectively.
- If there is no other moss nearby, the game will randomly select one of the five "regular" moss types (red, yellow, green, blue, or purple) to grow. With this in mind, you can grow and destroy moss on a single block until you get the color you desire.
- The Staff is useful for placement of Sunflowers in arenas, homes, etc. Sunflowers can be placed anywhere with just 2 grass-covered dirt blocks, and enough vertical space.
- The rate at which grass and moss is created with the Staff is increased by the Brick Layer.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed moss growing feature not working in multiplayer.
- 1.0.6: Damage was reduced from 20 to 7, making the staff less useful as a melee weapon.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
| Usual Tools • Grappling Hooks • Summoning Tools • Other Tools Tools: |