Stars (or Soul Cakes during Halloween and Sugar Plums during Christmas) are common power-ups which can be dropped by any enemy with a chance of
54.17*13/24 (54.17%), as long as the player is below maximum mana. They are not inventory items, but are instead instantly consumed and restore 100 mana. Enemies will only drop Stars if the closest player is not at maximum mana.
It is also possible to spawn Stars (and their seasonal counterparts) with a Star Statue.
They can be collected within range of 2 blocks, which can be increased with Celestial Magnet and its upgrades.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are two independent chances,
50*1/2 (50%) and 8.33*1/12 (8.33%), of receiving one Star, meaning that there is a 54.17*13/24 (54.17%) chance of obtaining at least one Star. There is a 50*12/24 (50%) chance of receiving exactly one Star, a 4.17*1/24 (4.17%) chance of receiving two Stars, and an 45.83*11/24 (45.83%) chance of receiving no Stars.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Soul Cakes are likely a reference to the real-life soul cakes, small round cakes which are traditionally made for All Hallows' Eve, All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day to commemorate the dead in the Christian tradition. They are often simply referred to as souls, and were given out to children and the poor (known as soulers), who would go from door to door during the days of Allhallowtide singing and saying prayers "for the souls of the givers and their friends". Each cake eaten would represent a soul being freed from purgatory. The custom was popular in England and Wales and has counterparts in other parts of the world that are practiced to this day. It is often seen as the origin for modern trick-or-treating.
- Although Stars are instantly consumed on pickup, it is possible to hack in Stars into the player's inventory through the use of editors. The hacked-in Stars still act like normal Stars, and will still be consumed on pickup, after dropping them in front of the player.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed a bug where Stars were dropping roughly 20% as much as they should.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Fixed bug where monsters that don't really die (Slimer, Mother Slime, Corrupt Slime) drop hearts and mana stars on shapeshifting (dying).
- Fixed a bug with mana stars not dropping in multiplayer.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Sugar Plums introduced.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Soul Cakes introduced.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Stars now give 100 mana instead of 20.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console 1.04: Sugar Plums introduced.
- Console 1.02: Soul Cakes introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced, stars give 100 mana instead of 20.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 1.2.2.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Sugar Plums introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Soul Cakes introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced, stars give 100 mana instead of 20.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with Soul Cakes and Sugar Plums, stars give 100 mana instead of 20.