|Uses ammo||Fallen Star|
|Damage||55 / 62 Ranged|
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots fallen stars|
- Falling Star
The Star Cannon is a ranged weapon that fires Fallen Stars. Stars are launched from the cannon at 52.5 blocks (105 feet) per second and persist for exactly 1 minute after being launched, ultimately traveling 3150 blocks, or 6300 feet, and piercing through enemies along the way. After the star reaches this point, or when it impacts a solid block, it dissipates into light-emitting particles.
Its best modifier is Demonic or Deadly, as it does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
As it is incapable of landing critical hits, Deadly is a better modifier
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Star Cannon does 54 / 61 damage, as fired Fallen Stars have a damage value of -1.
- While the Star Cannon can fire up through platforms, it counts the top of platforms as solid and thus cannot be shot down through them, making it suboptimal for fighting in a standard arena that consists of rows of platforms.
- Despite being made from the Minishark, the Star Cannon will always consume fallen stars with no chance to save ammo.
- The Star Cannon can be fired through two-block wide walls, provided the player is positioned no farther than one tile away
- The Star Cannon has built-in critical chance and also shows the crit chance modifier increasing through other bonuses, however, it will not proc any crits even with 100% crit chance.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle, Star Cannon, Flintlock Pistol and the Minishark are some of the only guns without knockback.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A skybridge can be used to farm Fallen Stars efficiently.
- The Star Cannon, given enough ammo, can do tremendous amounts of damage and is by far the best Pre-Hardmode ranged weapon, in terms of DPS. It is still useful well into Hardmode, with its base damage outclassing even that of the Megashark, but the comparative availability of ammunition for each weapon causes the Megashark to be more useful all-around.
- In Journey mode, of course, Fallen Stars can be researched and infinitely duplicated just like anything else, making the ammo concern entirely moot. This makes the Star Cannon an especially powerful choice for Journey mode players.
- Since the Star Cannon cannot deal critical hits and does not receive any bonuses from any of the 3 Shroomite Helmets, the best pre-Moon Lord set for this weapon consists of the Chlorophyte Helmet, Red Riding Dress and Hallowed Greaves
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Damage decreased from 62 to 55.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Damage increased from 55 to 62.
- Fixed bug where boosting Star Cannon's damage to over 100 would cause fired stars to drop during night.
- Desktop 1.1.1:
- Speed slightly decreased but still Very Fast.
- Damage reduced further from 60 to 55.
- Desktop 1.1: Speed increased to Very Fast.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage reduced from 75 to 60.
- Rate of fire drastically reduced to Very Slow.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.