|Uses ammo||Fallen Star|
|Damage||55 / 62 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||0 (No knockback)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots fallen stars|
- Falling Star
The Star Cannon is a ranged weapon that fires Fallen Stars. Stars are launched from the cannon at 52.5 blocks (105 feet) per second and persist for exactly 1 minute after being launched, ultimately traveling 3150 blocks, or 6300 feet, and piercing through enemies along the way. After the star reaches this point, or when it impacts a solid block, it dissipates into light-emitting particles.
Its best modifier is Demonic, as it does does not have any knockback and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it. It can also get the Deadly modifier, which, while the Demonic modifier may provide the greatest damage per hit, grants a higher increase to the overall DPS.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Star Cannon does 54 / 61 damage, as fired Fallen Stars have a damage value of -1.
- While the Star Cannon can fire up through platforms, it counts the top of platforms as solid and thus cannot be shot down through them. This trait makes it suboptimal for fighting in a standard arena that consists of rows of platforms.
- The Star Cannon can be fired through two-block wide walls, provided the player is positioned no farther than one tile away.
- Even though it has built-in critical chance and shows critical chance modifier bonuses, it is incapable of landing critical hits.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle, Star Cannon, Flintlock Pistol and the Minishark are some of the only guns without knockback.
- The Super Star Shooter is a direct upgrade of the Star Cannon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A skybridge can be used to farm Fallen Stars efficiently.
- The Star Cannon can do tremendous amounts of damage and is by far the best Pre-Hardmode ranged weapon in terms of DPS. It is still useful well into Hardmode, with its base damage outclassing even that of the Megashark. However, the comparative availability of ammunition causes the Megashark to be more useful all-around.
- Since the Star Cannon cannot deal critical hits and does not receive any bonuses from any of the 3 Shroomite Helmets, the best pre-Moon Lord set for this weapon consists of the Chlorophyte Helmet, Red Riding Dress and Hallowed Greaves.
- If many stars are farmed, this weapon proves a useful tool against the Wall of Flesh as it will pierce through the many Hungries as well as dealing damage to the main boss.
- If a skybridge is used to fight The Destroyer, and you can get the boss to move exactly horizontally across the bridge chasing you, you can continuously pummel it with the Star Cannon for an insane amount of damage across its entire body.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Damage decreased from 62 to 55.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Damage increased from 55 to 62.
- Fixed bug where boosting Star Cannon's damage to over 100 would cause fired stars to drop during night.
- Desktop 1.1.1:
- Speed slightly decreased but still Very Fast.
- Damage reduced further from 60 to 55.
- Desktop 1.1: Speed increased to Very Fast.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage reduced from 75 to 60.
- Rate of fire drastically reduced to Very Slow.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.