|Damage||57 / 55 Ranged|
|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||11 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots fallen stars|
- Internal Item ID: 197
The Star Cannon is a gun that fires Fallen Stars. Stars are launched from the cannon at 52.5 blocks (105 feet) per second and persist for exactly 1 minute after being launched, ultimately traveling 3150 blocks, or 6300 feet, and piercing through enemies along the way. After the star reaches this point, or when it impacts a solid block, it dissipates into light-emitting particles.
Its best Modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback, and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In practice, the Star Cannon only does 56 / 54 damage, as fired Fallen Stars have a damage value of -1.
- The Star Cannon, given enough ammo, can do tremendous amounts of damage, and is by far the best pre - hardmode ranged weapon, in terms of DPS. The Star Cannon is still useful well into mid - hardmode, being better than the Megashark in base damage.
- While the Star cannon can fire up through platforms, it counts the top of platforms as solid and thus cannot be shot down through them, making it suboptimal for fighting in a standard rows-of-platforms arena
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A skybridge can be used to farm Fallen Stars efficiently.
- The Star Cannon is a good weapon for boss fights and PvP. It is arguably the strongest pre-Hardmode ranged weapon, however its ammo being Fallen Stars hinders its overall practicality.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Damage decreased from 62 to 57.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Damage increased from 55 to 62.
- Fixed bug where boosting Star Cannon's damage to over 100 would cause fired stars to drop during night.
- Desktop 1.1.1:
- Speed slightly decreased but still Very Fast.
- Damage reduced further from 60 to 55.
- Desktop 1.1: Speed increased to Very Fast.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Damage reduced from 75 to 60.
- Rate of fire drastically reduced to Very Slow.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.