The Star Cell is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist enemy spawned by the Stardust Pillar during the Lunar Events. It floats slowly towards the player, but can move at a faster rate if the player begins moving away from it.
Upon death, it splits into smaller versions of itself. If these small Star Cells are not dealt with, they will grow into a full-sized Star Cell, that can also split into smaller Star Cells. Small Star Cells do not contribute to the kill count required to break the Stardust Pillar's shield, though after growing back, they do.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It may be to the player's advantage to leave the smaller Star Cells alive, since once they reach full size they can be destroyed to contribute to the breakdown of the Stardust Pillar's shield, and increase the kill count towards the banner.
- Use weapons with a large area of effect, as they tend to appear in clusters and you can hit them all at once.
- The Solar Eruption can kill a Star Cell and all the smaller cells it spawns in a single strike.
- The Vampire Knives are a very effective weapon against Star Cells, hitting multiple copies of the enemy while healing the player for each hit.
- The Flairon can also be very effective. Due to the fact that it can summon lots of homing bubbles in a short amount of time, it can easily take out the small Star Cells that the Star Cell splits into.
- The Inferno Fork, Nebula Arcanum, and Celebration perform outstandingly well against these enemies.
- The Aerial Bane can be good for taking out the Star Cells as it will kill the cells and then the arrow clusters from the bow will kill the small Star Cells.
- As the Stardust Pillar itself spawns Star Cells, staying away from it will greatly reduce their spawn rate.
- Intentionally leaving smaller cells alive and using a room to keep them out, a weapon that fires through walls can easily destroy them, and thus breaking the shield with even more ease.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the existence of the Small Star Cell Banner, the small Star Cell does not have a kill count, and cannot drop a banner, which makes it an unobtainable item. The banner can be obtained through inventory or world editors, but it will not grant a buff when placed. The Star Cell Banner's buff applies to both enemies.
- The maximum amount of Star Cells and small Star Cells spawned through their splits is ten. Defeating more fully-grown Star Cells will only result in one mini cell appearing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Supposedly, they are "corrupted" or "diseased cells" from the tooltip of the Stardust Cell Staff saying: "Cultivate the most beautiful cellular infection".
- In real life, living cells divide into two identical copies of themselves via Mitosis. Each of these copies can then grow and divide again, similar to the Star Cells. However, real cells split normally and are killed completely, while star cells only split when the player attacks them.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()