|Tooltip||Causes stars to fall and increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
- Internal Item ID: 862
The Star Veil is a Hardmode Accessory that combines the functions of the Star Cloak and the Cross Necklace. It is recommended for Melee players, who are more likely to take damage than ranged or magic classes. The falling stars will pass through all blocks until reaching the player's altitude, at which point they continue falling until hitting blocks. It also doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from 2/3 of a second (0.67 s) to 4/3 seconds (1.33 s).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Star Cloak's, Bee Cloak's and Star Veil's falling star effects do not stack with each other. The quantity and damage of falling stars from the effect will not be affected by having multiple equipped.
- The Star Veil provides the same effect as Cross Necklace, and their effects do not stack.
- The Star Veil is more than 333 times more expensive to reforge than the Cross Necklace.
- The player's invincibility period is cut in half when taking 1 damage (1/3 second by default and 2/3 second with Cross Necklace or Star Veil equipped).
- If a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear is equipped, the invincibility period granted by dodging an attack will stack with the Star Veil, granting a total of 2 seconds of invincibility.
- If one is farming Mimics, it is suggested to keep any Star Cloaks and Cross Necklaces found, instead of selling them as is. Star Veils are worth more than the sum of their parts, netting a profit of 7 97 per crafted Star Veil before taking modifiers into account.
- The Star Cloak's, Bee Cloak's, and Star Veil's projectiles are called Hallow Stars.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If equipped while wearing Spectre Armor the damage dealt by the falling stars will act like damage from a magic weapon and heal the player when the stars hit an enemy.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.