|Damage||110 (sword) / 220 (projectiles)Melee|
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
- Star Wrath
- Not to be confused with Starfury.
The Star Wrath is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord sword which causes three pink projectiles to fall at the cursor whenever it is swung, each dealing double the sword's damage. It can be considered a direct upgrade of the Starfury. The Star Wrath has 11.11% (1/9) chance to be dropped by the Moon Lord.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- With the Star Wrath being an autoswing weapon, waves of falling stars can very easily be accumulated, rendering this weapon highly effective for clearing large groups of enemies or bosses.
- Like the Starfury, the Star Wrath's stars can pass through blocks on the way down. Unlike the Starfury, however, the stars do not become solid the moment they reach empty space — rather, they become solid once they are about ten blocks above the player, or at the cursor's altitude. This means that multiple open spaces will not hinder the stars, but a low ceiling will block them even if there are open spaces above.
- Also like the Starfury, the speed of the falling stars increases with the wielder's melee speed.
- Because of the high amount of piercing stars, some stars can pierce through an enemy without damaging them because of enemies becoming invulnerable after they get hit by a piercing attack.
- Using the Star Wrath in a liquid slows the stars, potentially causing additional pierces.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Once this weapon is obtained, the Moon Lord can be killed on a sky bridge quite easily. The same goes for the sword Meowmere.
- As the three stars do double the damage the sword does, it is extremely important to hit enemies with the projectiles, not just with the sword. The DPS of the sword alone is only about 400-500 while adding the stars (on a single target) brings it up to around 1200. On several targets, the DPS can exceed 2500 as the stars pierce enemies.
- The Star Wrath can be used for exploring the map easily, since the stars it sends down produce light at the maximum light level.
- The projectiles summoned by the use of the Star Wrath can inflict effects from flasks such as Ichor.
- Many people argue about whether the Meowmere or the Star Wrath is the best endgame sword. While the Meowmere has much higher base damage, the DPS of the Star Wrath's stars outdamage the Meowmere projectiles. The Star Wrath's projectiles can also attack through walls, to an extent, along with more projectiles. This makes the Star Wrath better for a more ranged play style, where the player stays away from the enemy and concentrates on the projectiles more than the actual sword.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.