Stardust Cell Staff
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||36 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons a stardust cell to fight for you|
'Cultivate the most beautiful cellular infection'
|Buff tooltip||The stardust cell will fight for you|
- Stardust Cell
- Stardust Cell Shot
The Stardust Cell Staff is a Hardmode, post-Lunatic Cultist summon weapon that summons a Stardust Cell (a minion version of the Star Cell enemy) that can perform a ranged attack and will teleport to enemies out of range. Like other minions, the summoned Stardust Cell is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, or cancels the buff.
The Stardust Cell's ranged attack consists of firing a miniature version of itself at an enemy target that it latches onto and deals damage over time to. This damage ticks 30 times before the mini-cell vanishes, and can be stacked as the Stardust Cell continues to fire additional mini-cells onto the target, able to stack for up to 100 damage per "tick". Additionally, the Stardust Cell will occasionally fire an extra shot at any target the player is attacking, without interrupting their standard rate of fire, even if the Stardust Cell is already currently attacking that target. This makes the Stardust Cell Staff very effective at attacking targets with high health.
After teleporting at an enemy, a Stardust Cell will instantly fire a mini-cell.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stat bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only lasting advantage a Mythical Stardust Cell Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Any number of Stardust Cells can damage a target at a time; they have no invincibility frames between each other's hits.
- The Cells have a large attack radius that is equal to minions obtainable at earlier stages in the game, such as the Hornet, Imp, and Twins.
- Often while the player is traveling across the map, Stardust Cells may seem to be lazily veering away from the summoner towards something off-screen. This is because they have targeted a far-away enemy that is moving into teleport range.
- Damage ticking from mini-cells retains its original pace regardless of when additional mini-cells were added.
- Although considered to be an upgrade to the Xeno Staff, the stardust cells do not re-target instantly after an enemy has been defeated. This means in a horde of enemies, the UFOs are better as their targeting speed is considerably better, making it arguably on par with the Stardust Cells.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stardust Cell Staff can be seen as a direct upgrade to the Xeno Staff as both spawn minions with high accuracy and will never miss.
- The minion's attacks can't be reflected by a Selenian.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Fixed a stray pixel in the sprite.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.