|Set Bonus||A stardust guardian will protect you from nearby enemies|
|Buff tooltip||The stardust guardian will protect you|
- Stardust Guardian
Stardust armor is a post-Moon Lord set of armor that provides summon weapon boosts. It is currently the final summoner set available on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version. Crafting the full set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Stardust Fragments. Wearing the full set increases the wearer's minion capacity by 5 (to a total of 6), along with granting +66% minion damage.
Equipping a full set of Stardust armor causes a unique Stardust Guardian minion to follow the wearer, which does not count against the player's minion capacity. Its function differs across versions:
- In the Console version, it is passive until activated by double-tapping the ▼ Down key, which places it at the nearest block surface beneath the cursor position. Once placed, the Guardian becomes a sentry-style minion that can chase enemies for very short distances before returning to its original position. It periodically triggers explosions that deal 20 damage and cause enemies in the blast radius to target the Guardian instead of the player. It is deactivated by holding the ▼ Down key, which causes it to return to following the player passively.
- In the Desktop version and Mobile version, the Stardust Guardian is passive until an enemy is within a 30-tile radius from the player. It will quickly charge even through blocks towards the enemy, which it then strikes rapidly with a flurry of punches that each deal 28-30 summon damage. Once there are no more hostile entities within range, the Stardust Guardian will return to following the player passively.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All armors made from Luminite have no sell value (as of 184.108.40.206, Luminite armor pieces have proper prices).
- The Stardust Guardian can be dyed via the pet slot in the player's equipment tab.
- Like all armors made from Luminite, equipping Stardust armor makes the player give off light, in this case white. Unlike all other Luminite sets, equipping just one piece of the set gives off the full amount of light.
- Light given out from the armor does not stack with Shine Potion, and the brightness is exactly the same as Shine Potion.
- Due to the Stardust armor increasing all summon damage by 66%, including the damage of the Stardust Guardian, its base damage is about 43-47.
- The Stardust Guardian attacks about once every 0.25 seconds and will attack a target endlessly until the target dies or is out of range.
- Moving too far from the Stardust Guardian while it is attacking will cause it to return to the player as the enemies are no longer within its range.
- Moving too far from the Stardust Guardian in its sentry position will cause it to return to the player.
- The total bonuses of the armor are composed of the following:
- +66% minion damage (+22% from each piece)
- +5 minion capacity (+1 from the Helmet, +2 each from the Plate and Leggings)
- Stardust armor has the lowest defense of the four Luminite armors.
- No blocks will halt the Guardian's attack on an enemy, and it will move freely to the enemy to continue the attack if it is within range.
- On mobile it incorrectly states that the armor lets you summon 3 extra minions, when in reality it lets you summon the 5 extra minions.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Stardust armor and accessories and buffs, it is possible to have 11 minions, not counting the Stardust Guardian.
- While it is a potent offensive set, Stardust armor has relatively low defense, and although its ability to attack any enemies that come within a far distance of the player compensates somewhat, the Stardust Guardian does not protect the user against projectiles which leaves them vulnerable. The Valhalla Knight's Breastplate can be substituted into the set to provide much greater survivability, sacrificing the Guardian, and two minion slots. It may be worth it to wear the full Valhalla Knight armour set instead of stardust, as it has much more defense, movement speed, regen, and 3 extra sentries at the cost of 5 minions, the Guardian, and 6% minion damage.
- The Stardust Guardian can move through blocks to attack a hostile mob regardless of whether or not it has targeted the player. This can be exploited by walling oneself in, allowing the Guardian to take care of enemies.
- The Stardust Guardian is affected by whips, including summon tag damage and critical strike chance, and debuffs which take effect when the afflicted target is hit by a minion.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stardust Guardian was originally created as a reference to Algalon the Observer from the massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft. However, due to the community's enthusiasm in comparing the Stardust armor to the Japanese manga Stardust Crusaders, the third story arc of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, lead programmer Yoraiz0r has acknowledged the resemblance and said the armor can be a reference. The similarities have become more apparent with the rework of the Star Guardian's attack style in 220.127.116.11: The Star Platinum from Stardust Crusaders primarily attacks with its Ora Ora Rush ability, which consists of throwing a very fast barrage of powerful punches.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: The guardian now automatically attacks enemies with a barrage of punches.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed excess lighting brightness.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: The guardian can now be dyed with dye used for the vanity pet slot.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Cenx on Twitter May 26, 2016