|Set Bonus||A stardust guardian will protect you from nearby enemies|
- Stardust Guardian
Stardust armor is a post-Moon Lord set of armor that provides summon weapon boosts. It is currently the final summoner set available on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version. Crafting the full set requires a total of 36 Luminite Bars (144 Luminite) and 45 Stardust Fragments. Wearing the full set increases the wearer's minion capacity by 5 (to a total of 6), along with granting +66% minion damage.
Equipping a full set of Stardust armor causes a unique Stardust Guardian minion to follow the wearer. It is passive until activated by double-tapping the ▼ Down key, which places it at the nearest block surface beneath the cursor position. Once placed, the Guardian becomes a sentry-style minion that can chase enemies for very short distances before returning to its original position. It periodically triggers explosions that deal 20 damage and cause enemies in the blast radius to target the Guardian instead of the player. It is deactivated by holding the ▼ Down key, which causes it to return to following the player passively. The Stardust Guardian does not count against the player's minion capacity.
In the Desktop version, the Stardust Guardian has a different function and form of attack: It is passive until an enemy is within a 30 block radius to the player, causing it to quickly charge through even blocks to the enemy, which it then strikes rapidly with a flurry of punches that each deal 28-30 summon damage. After there are no hostile entities within range, the Stardust guardian will return to following the player passively.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All armors made from Luminite have no sell value (As of 184.108.40.206, Luminite armor pieces have proper prices).
- The Stardust Guardian can be dyed via the pet slot in the player's equipment tab.
- Like all armors made from Luminite, equipping Stardust armor makes the player give off light, in this case white. Unlike all other Luminite sets, equipping just 1 piece of the set gives off the full amount of light.
- Light given out from the armor does not stack with Shine Potion, and the brightness is exactly the same as Shine Potion.
- Moving too far from the Stardust Guardian while its attacking will cause it to return to the player as the enemies are no longer within its range.
- Moving too far from the Stardust Guardian in its sentry position will cause it to return to the player.
- Due to the Stardust armor increasing all summon damage by 66%, including the damage of the Stardust Guardian, its base damage is about 43-47.
- The Stardust Guardian attacks about once every .25 seconds and will attack a target endlessly until the target dies or is out of range.
- The total bonuses are composed of the following:
- +66% minion damage (+22% from each piece)
- +5 minion capacity (+1 from the Helmet, +2 each from the Plate and Leggings)
- Stardust armor has the lowest defense of the four Luminite armors.
- No blocks will halt the Guardian's attack on an enemy, and he will move freely to the enemy to continue the attack if it's within range.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Stardust armor and accessories and buffs, it is possible to have 11 minions, not counting the Stardust Guardian.
- While it's a potent offensive set, Stardust armor has relatively low defense, and while its ability to attack any enemies that come within a far distance of the player compensates somewhat, the Stardust Guardian does not protect the user against projectiles which leaves them vulnerable. The Valhalla Knight's Breastplate can be substituted into the set to provide much greater survivability, sacrificing the Guardian, and two minion slots.
- The Stardust Guardian can move through blocks to attack a hostile mob whether or not has targeted the player. This can be exploited by walling yourself in, allowing the Guardian to take care of enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stardust Guardian was originally created as a reference to Algalon the Observer from the massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Yoraiz0r has acknowledged the resemblance and said the armor can be a reference.
- This is likely the origin of the Stardust Guardian's 1.4 rework, where it delivers a flurry of punches similar to the series' "Star Platinum".
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: The guardian now automatically attacks enemies with a barrage of punches.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: The guardian can now be dyed with dye used for the vanity pet slot.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Cenx on Twitter May 26, 2016