|Use time||18 (Very fast)|
The Starlight is a Hardmode melee weapon that has a 1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Empress of Light boss. While the attack button is held, short-range light beams fire rapidly, at no mana or ammo cost.
Its best modifier is Legendary. However, its damage output with a Godly or Demonic modifier is exactly the same.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite their bright appearance, the beams do not emit any light.
- The beams are not able to deal damage to enemies through walls, unless the enemy itself is able to pass through walls.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The quick attack speed and infinite piercing of the weapon allow it to quickly mow down hordes of enemies on the ground.
- With the Legendary modifier, and when used against a single target, it is able to reach a DPS of around 1,100 with no additional equipment.
- Due to its rapid attack rate, it is an effective weapon for killing the Dungeon Guardian.
- Because of its short range, it may be preferable to use a projectile sword or Yoyos when fighting bosses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Starlight seems to be based off of her Sun Dance.
- The beams created by the Starlight use the same sprite as those created by the Rainbow Crystal Staff.
- Like the Last Prism, the Starlight has secret colors themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names, the known colors are listed as follows (case sensitive): Redigit (Purple), Cenx (Pink/Green), Loki (Red/Black), Yoraiz0r (Pink), Crowno (Purple), Lazure (Pink/Blue), Leinfors (Purple), Ghostar (White/Blue), Khaios (Green/Black), and darthmorf (Red/Black).
- The weapon itself seems to be a rapier, a thin sword popular in Western Europe used for thrusting.
- May be a reference to the rapier Lambent Light from Sword Art Online
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.