|Use time||18 (Very fast)|
The Starlight is a Hardmode melee weapon that has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance to be dropped by the Empress of Light boss. While the attack button is held, short-range light beams fire rapidly, at no mana or ammo cost.
Its best modifier is Legendary. However, its damage output with a Godly or Demonic modifier is exactly the same.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite their bright appearance, the beams do not emit any light.
- The beams are not able to deal damage to enemies through walls, unless the enemy itself is able to pass through walls.
- Despite being able to get speed modifiers, it is completely unaffected by those and melee speed bonuses.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The quick attack speed and infinite piercing of the weapon allow it to quickly mow down hordes of enemies on the ground.
- This is an efficient weapon for farming slow-moving bosses like Plantera, Ogre, and Golem, killing them in seconds.
- With the Legendary modifier, and when used against a single target, it is able to reach a DPS of around 1,100 with no additional equipment.
- Due to its rapid attack rate, it is an effective weapon for killing the Dungeon Guardian.
- Because of its short range, it may be preferable to use a projectile sword or Yoyos when fighting bosses.
- With the Legendary modifier, this weapon can easily outclass other late game weapons such as the Terra Blade and even the Solar Eruption.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is technically the strongest shortsword in the game.
- As the weapons that the Empress of Light drops are based on her attacks, the Starlight seems to be based off of her Sun Dance.
- The beams created by the Starlight use the same sprite as those created by the Rainbow Crystal Staff.
- The weapon itself seems to be a rapier, a thin sword popular in Western Europe used for thrusting.
- It is currently one of the strongest true-melee weapons in the game.
- Like the Last Prism, the Starlight has secret color themes for developers and beta testers. This is triggered by using a specific set of character names:
List of names Name Color(s) Acamaeda Green/Yellow/Red Alchemystics Red/Pink/Purple Anythesis Light Blue/Black Aurora3500 Purple/Blue/Green Cenx Pink/Green Criddle Yellow/Orange Crowno Purple Darthkitten Red/White darthmorf Red/Black Doylee Red/Pink/Blue Ghostar White/Blue/Black Grox The Great Light Blue/Green Jaxrud Green/Yellow Jenosis Yellow/Red/Pink Kazzymodus Green/Black Khaios Dark Green/Black Lazure Red/Pink/Blue Leinfors Purple Loki Red/Black ManaUser Blue/Green Mid White/Red/Black Nike Leon Orange/Red ppowersteef Yellow/Red RBrandon Dark Orange Redigit Blue Serenity Pink/White Sigma Yellow/Red Unit One Blue/Yellow Vulpes Inculta Purple Waze3174 Red/Yellow/Green Xman101 Orange/Black Yoraizor Pink Zoomo Purple
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Damage increased from 70 to 80.
- Now has a bonus 10% critical strike chance.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced.