- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Ivy(Only if name is Whitney)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 178
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Steampunk Hat||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Steampunk Shirt||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Steampunk Pants||During the moon phases 1–4:|
|Jetpack||During the moon phases 5–8:|
|Solidifier||Only during daytime|
|Blend-O-Matic||Always available |
Only during nighttime
|Flesh Cloning Vat||Only in Crimson worlds.|
|Decay Chamber||Only in Corruption worlds.|
|Steampunk Boiler||If Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu and Skeletron have been defeated.|
|Purple Solution||Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse when the world has Corruption.|
|Red Solution||Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse when the world has Crimson.|
|Blue Solution||When spoken to in a Hallow. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.)|
|Green Solution||When spoken to in any other biome. (When there is no Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.)|
|Steampunk Goggles||During Halloween.|
|Steampunk Wings||After defeating Golem.|
|Logic Gates||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (Off)||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (On)||Always available.|
|Logic Gate Lamp (Faulty)||Always available.|
|Static Hook||Always available.|
|Conveyor Belt||Always available.|
|Any Pylon||When in a specific biome and is happy enough.|
Living preferences [edit | edit source]
For more information, see NPC happiness.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Steampunker's move-in requirements do not expressly require a world to be in Hardmode. Summoning and defeating a mechanical boss in a pre-Hardmode world will allow the Steampunker to move in, though this can only be legitimately achieved by carrying over resources from an existing Hardmode world.
- If summoned into a pre-Hardmode world this way, the Steampunker will not sell Cogs or the Steampunk Minecart until Hardmode has been attained in the given world.
- It may be needed to re-defeat Eye of Cthulhu and Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu after the Steampunker arrives in order to buy the Steampunk Boiler.
- The Steampunker does not sell Dark Blue Solution if moved to the Glowing Mushroom biome, but it is sold by the Truffle instead.
Names[edit | edit source]
The Steampunker may have any of the following names:
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Interaction quotes[edit | edit source]
When Cyborg is present:
When Pirate is present:
During a Blood Moon:
During a Party :
During Rain :
During a Thunderstorm:
During a Windy Day:
When in a Graveyard:
Happiness quotes [edit | edit source]
When far from home:
When in a sparse area:
When in a Desert:
When in the Jungle:
When near the Cyborg:
When near the Painter:
When near the Party Girl:
When near the Wizard:
When near the Dryad:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Steampunk is a sci-fi/fantasy term used to describe a subculture that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
- The Steampunker occasionally talks about becoming an air pirate. Air pirates are a staple of the steampunk genre.
- The Steampunker was sprited by former artist William "Waffles" Data.
- One of the Steampunker's possible names, Whitney, is also the name of Cenx, a Terraria developer and Redigit's wife.
- If the Steampunker is killed, she will drop the Ivy if her name was Whitney.
- The name Minerva is a reference to the Roman goddess of handicrafts and wisdom.
- The name Zelda is a reference to the Nintendo game series The Legend of Zelda.
- The name Ada is a reference to the 19th century English mathematician and writer Ada Lovelace, who pioneered work on Charles Babbage's "computer".
- From one of her quotes, it is shown that she has an affection for the pirate but thinks he could lay off the ale as "Pretty well over the bay" is a 19th-century Celtic phrasing meaning drunk.
- The Steampunker is the only Hardmode NPC that can also be obtained in a pre-Hardmode world.
- The quote "I prefer the wide open spaces here in the Desert, great for jetpack joyrides!" is a reference to the popular mobile game Jetpack Joyride.
- She is most likely has a Cockney accent, judging by the way she speaks. The accent is typically associated with steampunk themes. However, when talking about NPC's she dislikes, she uses the word "dinnae" which is a Scottish word meaning "did not" or "do not".
- Her quote, "I'm mighty curious about that <name of Cyborg> fellow. By what manner of consumption does he maintain such locomotion?" implies that she doesn't know the Cyborg very well, even though the Bestiary entry for the Cyborg states that he was built with the combined efforts of the Mechanic and the Steampunker.
- The Bestiary entry for the Steampunker: "The Steampunker has a particular taste for steam-fueled machinery and gadgets. She sells her gizmos with an endearing accent."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Now sells Static Hook, Conveyor Belt, Logic Gates and Logic Gate Lamps.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Now sells Steampunk Wings.
- No longer sells Solidifier.
- Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where Cogs could be overwritten by another item in the Steampunker's shop.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Fixed a typo in the Steampunker dialog about the Pirate (it used to read "if you know what mean" without the "I").
- Fixed a typo that caused the Steampunker to rarely drop the Bezoar upon death.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Now sells Steampunk Goggles during Halloween season.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier. ()
- Console 1.06: Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Console 1.02: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Now sells Steampunk Wings, no longer sells Solidifier.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Now sells the Steampunk Boiler and Flesh Cloning Vat.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, sells Steampunk Goggles during the Halloween season.
References[edit | edit source]
- Private Yankee Doodle, by Joseph Plumb Martin, edited by George F. Scheer. Originally published in 1830. Little, Brown & Co, 1962. Eastern Acorn Press, 1988. Page 145