We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
From Terraria Wiki
- Stone redirects here. For other uses, see Stone (disambiguation).
Stone Blocks are a type of block that composes most of the world. Found mostly underground, they compose the majority of the Cavern and Underground layers. Deep underground, Stone Blocks can generate with Moss growing on them.
As a crafting ingredient, Stone Blocks are vital early in the game to craft the Furnace and Wooden Arrows.
After hardmode is activated on a world, nearby corrupt, crimson and hallowed blocks can spread through Stone Blocks, changing them into Ebonstone, Crimstone, or Pearlstone, respectively. Ebonstone and Crimstone Blocks can be returned to normal with Purification Powder, whereas Pearlstone Blocks require Vile or Vicious Powders. All three types can also be purified with the Green Solution.
- 1.3.1: Now used to craft Gem Locks.
- 220.127.116.11: Now used to craft more items.
- 1.2: Stack limit was raised from 250 to 999.
- 1.0.4: Now does not ‘blend’ graphically with mud.
- 1.0.2: Mining stone and other hard ores make a 'tink' noise now.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.