|Dimensions||2 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 321, 1173 - 1177, 3229 - 3233 (Strange Looking Tombstone: 5062)|
|Internal Tile ID: 85|
A Tombstone drops when a player on any difficulty setting dies. It can then be retrieved and used much like a sign or as a form of decoration. By default, they contain a message about how the player died.
Tombstones can be easily farmed by placing Hellstone or Meteorite directly under the spawn and then creating a new character. The player will die, create a tombstone and then they will spawn again and die again. Alternatively, it can be done by digging straight down from the spawn so the newly spawned player will die from fall damage, or one could flood the spawn point with water and the player will drown.
Upon death, the tombstone will bounce around for a moment and then place itself on a nearby 2x2 free space. Two tombstones cannot land on each other, nor can they be retrieved if they fail to place themselves (e.g., due to lack of suitable space).
Variants are chosen randomly upon death. Golden tombstones drop when the player has more than 10 in their inventory (but like all other tombstones, they have no sell value).
The Strange Looking Tombstone is a Mobile version and version-exclusive tombstone variant dropped when the Worm Pet is active at death. Inspired by Worms 3, as with the pet. The tooltip is "A Tombstone that kinda looks like a worm, right?"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On the Xbox 360 version, before an unspecified patch, any profanity or sexual content written on tombstones would have resulted in the tombstone saying '(Censored)'
- There is no golden variant of the Obelisk in any version of the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Golden variants of all tombstones except Obelisks added.
- Updated Tombstone, Grave Marker, Cross Grave Marker and Obelisk sprites.
- Mobile 1.2: Strange Looking Tombstone introduced.
- 1.2: Cross Grave Marker, Grave Marker, Gravestone, Headstone, and Obelisk variants were added. Variants are chosen randomly on death.
- 1.1: Is now dropped by characters on any difficulty.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.