We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Strange Plants are quest plant items that can be turned in to the Dye Trader, who rewards the player with one of his 33 quest-exclusive Dyes (the player receives a quantity of 3 of the randomly-chosen Dye type). Strange Plants are found both on the surface and underground.
Acquiring a Strange Plant before the Dye Trader has moved in will fulfill one of his spawning requirements, the other being acquiring a dye-crafting item. Keeping both in the player's inventory, and having a suitable vacant House, will allow the Dye Trader to spawn during a subsequent morning.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Strange Plants can grow on dirt, moss-covered stone, and every type of grass except mushroom grass.
- Given that criteria are fulfilled, they can grow in nearly any area, including space and within water.
- They cannot grow within 480 feet of each other. (240 tiles)
- Like all other dye plants, Strange Plants will be highlighted while under the effects of a Spelunker Potion, but will not be detected by the Metal Detector.
- Despite each plant appearing to reach 3x3 tiles, they technically occupy only one tile and appear on the map as such. They can only be harvested by mining their bottom-center tile (the only one that is actually occupied).
- Strange Plants will spawn in worlds created before 1.3, though you may have to spend some time there before any grow.
- Despite being Amber Rarity, Strange Plants can be sold for 20 , but the dyes that are given as rewards for turning them in can be sold for 60 or more.
- Multiple Strange Plants can be turned in simultaneously without forfeiting rewards.
- Strange Plants cannot be placed in Clay Pots.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Since Strange Plants can grow on grassless dirt, a simple farm can be made to collect them. An empty long, flat platform above the ground can be an effective method of spawning them.
- An easy way to find Strange Plants is to go across the surface with the Spelunker Potion effect, as Strange Plants will be highlighted.
- They do spawn on Floating Islands; since those may be rarely visited, touring them can often yield several.
- Despite Strange Plants looking like they may be biome specific, they are not restricted by appearance and any variety can be found where they may spawn.
- The red Strange Plant bears resemblance to that of a rose bush.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.