Sturdy Fossils are used to make the Fossil Armor, Bone Throwing Knife, Amber Staff, and Bone Javelin. Sturdy Fossils are made by putting Desert Fossils in the Extractinator, with about a 13.8% chance of acquiring a Sturdy Fossil from one Desert Fossil on average. It requires at least a Deathbringer Pickaxe or a Nightmare Pickaxe to mine. Sturdy Fossils can also be obtained from Basilisks once in Hardmode. You need a total of 75 Sturdy Fossils to craft a complete set of Fossil armor, which gives strong bonuses for Thrown weapons.
Placed Sturdy Fossils sparkle when an ore detecting item is used. Placed Sturdy Fossils also show up when a Metal Detector is used, even though they do not spawn naturally.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sturdy Fossils have no sell value, so crafting them into Bone Throwing Knives is the best way to sell them. Selling Bone Throwing Knives yields 2 50 per Sturdy Fossil used.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.