Sturdy Fossils are crafting materials used to make the Fossil armor, Bone Throwing Knife, Amber Staff, and Bone Javelin. Sturdy Fossils are obtained by putting Desert Fossils in the Extractinator, with about a 13.8% chance of acquiring a Sturdy Fossil from one Desert Fossil on average. It requires at least a Deathbringer Pickaxe or a Nightmare Pickaxe to mine. Sturdy Fossils can also be obtained from Basilisks once in Hardmode.
Placed Sturdy Fossils sparkle when an ore-detecting item is used. Placed Sturdy Fossils also show up when a Metal Detector is used, even though they do not spawn naturally.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sturdy Fossils have no sell value, so crafting them into Bone Throwing Knives is the best way to sell them. Selling Bone Throwing Knives yields
250*2 50 per Sturdy Fossil used.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.