|Desktop/Console/Old-gen console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, Old-gen console, and Mobile versions of Terraria.|
- Internal NPC ID: 353
Switching to another normal hairstyle costs 1 , while Stylist-exclusive hairstyles cost 5 ; changing hair color costs 1 . Hair Dyes range in price from 5 to 30 .
You can find the Stylist in Spider Nests, entangled in cobweb. Talking to her will free her, after which she will move into a vacant House if one is available. As with all similar NPCs, she spawns the same as enemies - positioning yourself with a Spider Nest just off screen and then checking it once in a while for the spawn is an easy way to find her. Using a Battle Potion and running in and out of the nest will give her a better chance of spawning. A Lifeform Analyzer can detect her, showing "Webbed Stylist" when she is nearby.
When confronted by enemies, the Stylist will use Stylish Scissors to defend herself. She may also drop them upon death.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|5||If the player has at least 400 maximum life.|
|5||If the player has at least 200 maximum mana.|
|10||If the player has at least 1 in their inventory.|
|5||During the night and following day of moon phase 2, 4, 6, and 8.|
|5||If the player is on a team in Multiplayer.|
|7 50||If there's a Party Girl in the world.|
|5||If the world is in Hardmode.|
|5||If the world is in Hardmode and any Mechanical Boss has been defeated.|
|15||If the world is in Hardmode and all three Mechanical Bosses have been defeated.|
|30||After Martian Madness.|
|30||After Martian Madness.|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Check my fresh."
- "Just a little off the top? That's no fun..."
- "I have no problem cleaning up ears and eyebrows, but I draw the line at nose hair."
- "Alright, you sit and marinate. I'll be back to rinse your color out in 25 minutes..."
- "'Short back and sides' is it?"
- "Those highlights really bring out your eyes!"
- "My hands are sticky from all that...wax."
- "Tea? Coffee? Or is it just orange juice again?"
- "Sit down for a second and I'll have you steppin' razor."
- "Either you have style, or you get styled."
- "For you I think we'll do something... low maintenance."
- "I tried using one of the Dye Master's products once. Ends fried. Disaster."
- "Oh you poor, poor thing. Just... just sit down here. It'll be okay. Shhhh."
If player's character is Male:
- "Which aftershave can I interest you in today, sir?"
- "Hello sir, I'm [Name of Stylist] and I'll be your barber today."
If player's character is Female:
- "Doll, we seriously need to fix those split ends."
- "Gurrllll! You are my favorite gossip ever."
- "So a pixie cut, would you like to keep some lady burns?"
When Demolitionist is present:
- "There is nothing I can do for [Name of Demolitionist]'s singed head. He's a lost cause."
When Party Girl is present:
- "I hope you like what I did to [Name of Party Girl]'s hair!"
- When Mechanic, Party Girl, and Nurse are present:
- "Mhmm, I heard from [Name of Party Girl] that [Name of Mechanic]'s friend [Name of Nurse] spent her boyfriend's last paycheck on shoes."
When Cyborg is present:
- "One time I put a wig on [Name of Cyborg] just so I could cut his hair. I think he kinda liked it!"
When Tavernkeep is present:
- "I offered [Name of Tavernkeep] a free trim, but he refused. I mean, I could have at least worked on his mustache!"
During the morning:
- "Did you even try to brush your hair today?"
During a Blood Moon:
- "Tipping IS optional, but remember I have access to scissors and your head."
- "This is a cut-throat razor by the way."
- "You better stay outta my hair tonight, hun. I just sharpened my scissors, and I'm looking for an excuse to use them!"
During a Party:
- "I may have gotten my hair done up just for today, but honestly, I just wanted to pop balloons with my scissors."
After being freed from a Spider Nest:
- "Thanks, hun. Now I can do my hair."
- "I would have given you a free cut if you'd come earlier."
- "Don't go exploring with scissors, they said. You won't get trapped in a spider's web, they said!"
- "Ew, my hair, there's spider web all over it!"
Names[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since Spider Nests were added in the 1.2 patch, the Stylist is impossible to obtain in worlds created before 1.2 without the use of third-party software.
- A Webbed Stylist can be damaged and killed by spiders (Wall Creeper in pre-hardmode and Black Recluse in hardmode). Finding her is therefore made simpler by looking for orange numbers.
- On the mobile version, if the player taps on the Stylist, presses Shop, taps the three lines to go into the inventory, then presses the X on the shop screen, dyes can be bought and placed into inventory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Stylist was created as a result of an official NPC design contest, being a heavily modified version of the Salonist. The original poster, TerrariaOnline poster avarisc (aka Ripsand), is credited and thanked in the 1.2.3 changelog, as well as poster Omnir for contributing several of the hairstyles.
- Her line, "Don't go exploring with scissors, they said. You won't get trapped in a spiders web, they said!" is a case of the Laundry Room Viking meme.
- The phrase “X they said, it would be Y they said” derives from the Franco-Belgian comic series Asterix (circa 1963). One of the catch phrases translated into English as "Join up, they said! It's a man's life, they said!".
- Despite her quote of "Don't go exploring with scissors, they said. You won't get trapped in a spiders web, they said!", the Stylist can still attack enemies with her Stylish Scissors.
- In one of her quotes, she refers to the Dye Trader as the "Dye Master."
- In the game files, Stylist has separate "gore" images for her head and Hair. This could suggest that the stylist is actually wearing a wig.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed bug where stylist had a hole in her selling list if you didn't meet a requirement.
- Fixed the Stylist name "Esmeralda" to not have a space at the end.
- Fixed bug where Queen Statue didn't teleport the Stylist.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Introduced Stylist along with Hair Dye (Life, Mana, Depth, Money, Time, Team, Biome, Party, Rainbow, and Speed) and Hair Dye Remover.