|Damage||64 / 33 (Melee)|
|Critical chance||11% / 4%|
|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
The Sunfury is a flail weapon that emits light when thrown, and has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. It behaves like other thrown flails; holding the attack button will continuously swing the Sunfury around the player and deal half the item's listed damage. Letting go of the attack button will throw it in a direction (similar to how thrown flails functioned prior to 1.4), and pushing the button again while it is in the air will cause it to drop to the ground and stay there for as long as the button is held, dealing damage to enemies that touch it.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With a bridge, the Sunfury can do well against the Wall of Flesh on Normal due to its infinite penetration to kill its Hungries. However, on Expert and Master mode it is inadvisable due to the distance the player is recommended to keep from the Wall, and its much higher speeds.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage decreased from 70 to 64.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Item and projectile sprites updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage increased from 33 to 35
- Knockback increased from 7 to 7.75.
- Critical chance increased from 4% to 11%.
- Desktop 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop 1.0.5: Damage decreased from 40 to 33.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.