Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Super Absorbant Sponge
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Capable of soaking up an endless amount of water|
- Internal Item ID: 3032
The Super Absorbant Sponge is an item that can be used to "absorb" water from the environment, causing water to disappear without storing it. It is awarded randomly by the Angler for completing fishing quests (1/70 chance after 10th quest in Hardmode).
A single Super Absorbant Sponge can be used limitlessly and is never depleted. It works only on water, and has no effect on other liquids.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Super Absorbant Sponge below the surface of a water body briefly creates a pocket of air before the surrounding water can fill it in. If used over the player's head, the breath meter will be replenished, as the player's head will momentarily be considered to be out of the water.
- It can help keep the player from drowning when creating tunnels or exploring underground.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Bottomless Water Bucket, a counterpart item which places water endlessly.
- Lava Absorbant Sponge, an item which absorbs infinite amount of lava.
- Dry Bomb, a bomb which absorbs any liquid.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed typo in tooltip ("Capable of soaking up any endless amount of water").
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.