|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable lava shark mount|
|Buff||Lava Shark Mount|
|Buff tooltip||Surfing the molten seas!|
Riding the mount will allow the player to swim very quickly in lava without taking damage. It can also swim in water and honey, but will not protect the player from drowning. It has a maximum speed of 73 mph in liquids and 11 mph on land.
The mount maintains its velocity in the air, allowing for jumps similar to while riding a Minecart. When moving upwards or downwards, it tilts towards that direction.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The lava immunity feature does not extend to blocks that inflict the Burning debuff, such as Hellstone, and the player will still take damage from them without an Obsidian Skull or its upgrades.
- The Lava Shark Mount will not protect the player from the Chilled debuff. It will, however, ignore its effects, so long as the player stays mounted.
- While riding the mount, all fall damage is reduced to 1.
- The mount emits a faint light.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Lava Shark Mount is very useful for mining Hellstone as it grants unlimited immunity to lava. If the player has large supplies of Obsidian, selling the Hellstone in form of Hellstone Bars is a good way to make money, even in Hardmode.
- When paired with either the Bottomless Lava Bucket or the Bottomless Water Bucket, this mount can grant infinite flight. This may take some time to get the hang of, and the results can be messy.
- The Lava Shark Mount could be used during the fight against the Wall of Flesh, without the need of a bridge or Lava Waders or their upgrades, although this might require some practice beforehand.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When not in liquid, the Lava Shark has saddened eyes.
- The item's tooltip, 'Bloody hell!', is an informal interjection commonly used in British English as an expression of dismay, disgust, anger, or surprise.
- The mount moves at the same speed in all liquids.
- It can be seen as an upgrade to the Turtle Mount, as they are both mounts with increased speed in liquids that are obtained by fishing.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.