|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable lava shark mount|
Riding the mount will allow the player to swim very quickly in lava without taking damage. It can also swim in water and honey, but will not protect from drowning. It has a max speed of 73 mph in liquids and 11 mph on land.
The mount maintains its velocity in the air, allowing for jumps similar to while riding a minecart. When moving upwards or downwards, it tilts towards that direction.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The lava immunity feature does not extend to burning blocks, such as hellstone, and the player will still take damage from them without an Obsidian Skull.
- The shark mount will not protect the player from the Chilled debuff. It will, however, ignore its effects, so long as the player stays mounted.
- While riding the shark, all fall damage is reduced to 1.
- This item is an incredibly effective method of mining Hellstone as it grants unlimited immunity to lava. If the player has access to Obsidian, this can grant a lot of coins even in Hardmode by selling it in the form of Hellstone Bars.
- When paired with either the Bottomless Lava Bucket or the Bottomless Water Bucket, this mount can grant infinite flight. This may take some time to get the hang of, and the results can be messy.
- While this idea is difficult to pull off, the player could technically use the mount to beat the Wall of Flesh without the need of a bridge or Lava Waders or Terraspark Boots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When not in fluid, the Lava Shark has saddened eyes.
- Its tooltip, "Bloody Hell", is a reference to one of the most common English exclamations. Most notably used by Gordon Ramsay.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.