Suspicious Looking Apple
|Type||Drop – Pet Summon|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Summons a pet Worm|
|Buff tooltip||Not for the fishes [sic]|
The Suspicious Looking Apple summons a Worm pet that lasts until the player manually cancels by using the Suspicious Looking Apple again, or the player dies. It is sometimes found in chests and has a 10-30% drop chance from Devourers, 20% drop chance from Giant Worms and a 40% drop chance from Diggers.
The worm pet is the only pet that can speak, randomly uttering phrases depending on certain circumstances. It is one of two pets to make sounds, the other being the Companion Cube.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Boring!" - when standing still too long.
- "Bye bye!" - when the player dies.
- "Grenade!" - when throwing an explosive, such as a Grenade.
- "Incoming!" - when an Event, such as a Blood Moon, or army, such as a Goblin Army approaches.
- "(jump)" - the Worm will make a noise which appears to be that of minor exertion, this sound is played when it jumps
- "Victory!" - sometimes, when the player kills three enemies (the count is accumulated).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When the buff is active and the player dies, it drops a unique Tombstone :
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The pet is inspired by Worms. When flying or too far from the player, it will don a red headband, similar to the Fire Punch attack from the game. Its jump noise is also from Worms Revolution/Worms 3.
- Similarly to the Suspicious Looking Tentacle, the Suspicious Looking Apple is named as if it were a boss summon item when it is really a pet summon. However, unlike the Suspicious Looking Tentacle, it explicitly states it is a pet summon in its tooltip, somewhat nullifying the name's effect.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Made obtainable.
- Mobile 1.1.933: Introduced, but unobtainable.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.