Suspicious Looking Eye
- Internal Item ID: 43
The Suspicious Looking Eye is a consumable item that summons the Eye of Cthulhu. It is likely the first summoning item the player will obtain, and requires a Demon Altar or a Crimson Altar to craft with 6 Lens. In addition to being crafted, they can also be found in Gold/Frozen Chests in the Cavern and the Dungeon, or in Ivy Chests in the underground Jungle.
The Suspicious Looking Eye will only work at night. If you try to use it during the daytime or when another Eye of Cthulhu has already been summoned, the Eye of Cthulhu will not spawn and the item will not be consumed.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to legitimately fight two Eyes at the same time: if the message "You feel an evil presence watching you..." appears, an Eye can be summoned, but this will not cancel out the Eye that was already set to appear, resulting in a second Eye joining the fight shortly after the first Eye spawns.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Suspicious Looking Eye is the upside-down icon of a Servant of Cthulhu.
- It is one of the few suspicious looking boss-summoning items in Terraria, the others being the Suspicious Looking Skull and the Suspicious Looking Egg.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Stack limit raised from 1 to 20.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Now able to be found in Chests.
- Tooltip changed from "May cause terrible things to happen" to "Summons the Eye of Cthulhu".
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.