Suspicious Looking Tentacle
Fortune & Glory, Kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Calls upon a suspicious looking eye to provide light|
'I know what you're thinking....'
|Buff tooltip||A suspicious looking eye that provides light|
- Suspicious Tentacle
- Not to be confused with the Suspicious Looking Eye, a boss-summoning item.
The Suspicious Looking Tentacle is a Hardmode light pet summoning item obtained from the Moon Lord's Treasure Bag in Expert mode. It summons the Suspicious Looking Eye, a small tentacled eye that provides light and follows the player.
In addition to providing light, the Suspicious Looking Eye senses nearby NPCs, enemies, treasure (Pots, chests, etc.), and ores within a 15-20 block radius. This is shown via its pupil and iris pointing in the direction of the item sensed, as well as expanding for treasure, and contracting for enemies. The eye will also sparkle when nearby ores and treasure.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Suspicious Looking Eye cannot detect any enemy in an invulnerable period or state. This includes the Granite Golem, Jellyfish, Granite Elemental, and Biome Specific Mimics.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Suspicious Looking Eye is one of the two light pets that provide the most light, the other being the Wisp in a Bottle. The Suspicious Looking Eye is generally considered better since it exposes nearby treasure and enemies. However, it lacks the Wisp's ability to move around the screen based on the player's direction input.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to 0x33's Aviators and the developer items, the Suspicious Looking Tentacle is one of the few Expert-exclusive items to not have the rainbow rarity.
- This light pet looks exactly like a smaller version of the True Eye of Cthulhu, an enemy summoned by the Moon Lord.
- Similar to the Suspicious Looking Apple, the Suspicious Looking Tentacle is named as if it were a boss-summoning item instead of a pet-summoning item.
- The light pet shares a name with the boss-summoning item for the Eye of Cthulhu.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.