Suspicious Looking Tentacle
Fortune and glory, kid.Expert Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Expert mode and Expert mode worlds.
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Calls upon a suspicious looking eye to provide light|
'I know what you're thinking....'
|Buff tooltip||A suspicious looking eye that provides light|
|Summons Light Pet|
- Not to be confused with the Suspicious Looking Eye, a boss-summoning item.
The Suspicious Looking Tentacle is a Hardmode Light Pet summoning item obtained from the Moon Lord's Treasure Bag in Expert mode. It summons a small, tentacled eye called the "Suspicious Looking Eye" that provides light and follows the player.
In addition to providing light, the Suspicious Looking Eye senses nearby NPCs, enemies, treasure(pots, chests, etc.), and ores from a 15-20 block radius. This is shown via its pupil and iris pointing in the direction of the item sensed, as well as expanding for treasure, and contracting for enemies. The eye also displays a glittering effect near ores and treasure.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Suspicious Looking Tentacle is one of the two Light Pets that provide the most light, the other being the Wisp in a Bottle. The Suspicious Looking Tentacle is generally considered better since it exposes nearby treasure and enemies while never venturing too far from the player.
- The Suspicious Looking Tentacle hugs the player much of the time and lacks the Wisp's ability to move around the screen based on the player's direction input, however.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to 0x33's Aviators and the Developer items, the Suspicious Looking Tentacle is one of the few expert mode-exclusive items to not have the rainbow rarity.
- This light pet looks exactly like a smaller version of the True Eyes of Cthulhu, an enemy summoned by the Moon Lord.
- The light pet shares a name with the boss-summoning item for the Eye of Cthulhu.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()