|Type||Mechanism • Furniture|
|Placeable||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
Despite its name, the Switch does not need to act as an on/off mechanism. When wired to Dart Traps, for example, right-clicking the Switch will always cause the Trap to shoot, the same as a Pressure Plate would, no matter which position the switch happens to be in.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Switch is identical in operation to the Lever, except Switches can't be placed on platforms. The Lever is also easier to see and provides a larger clicking target, whereas Switches can be more difficult to spot and click on due to being only a single tile in size (which may actually be a benefit in PvP, should a player wish to hide a trap mechanism). Switches can be painted like most other blocks, allowing them to be camouflaged to blend in with their surroundings.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now placeable on walls.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed switch duplication bug (presumably for real this time).
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Switch duplication no longer works.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.