|Tooltip||Allows the ability to dash|
Double tap a direction
- Internal Item ID: 977
The Tabi is a Hardmode, post-Plantera accessory which has a 8.33% / 15.97% (1/12 / 23/144) chance to drop from Bone Lee in the post-Plantera Dungeon. It allows the player to perform a dash by double-tapping the ◀ Left or ▶ Right key. The dash ability has a one-second cooldown between uses.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The dashing ability is essentially a stronger and faster version of Shield of Cthulhu, except it doesn't deal contact damage
- This can be an advantage if being used to gain distance, as the Tabi dash does not bounce backwards off enemies that get in the way.
- If the player continues to move after dashing, the ability from items such as the Hermes Boots will be activated.
- It can be used to activate the charge of a Unicorn Mount if timed correctly.
- In the , shifting the circle pad twice in the preferred direction works as it would on any other version, but as this can be tedious and/or tiring, it is possible, as long as a versionGrappling Hook is in the player's inventory, to press A while moving the circle pad from its center position to perform a dash. Take note, however, that this will also fire the Grappling Hook in question.
- If you sprint using tabi on asphalt, you will immediately have full speed on the asphalt.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tabi are traditional Japanese socks that are ankle high, with a separation between the big toe and the other toes.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Dash is now longer, but requires more time to recharge.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now bring the player to full speed instead of stopping.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.