|Use time||34 Slow|
- Internal Item ID: 679
The Tactical Shotgun is a Hardmode, post-Plantera ranged weapon. It is an upgraded version of the Shotgun, auto-firing six spread shots per bullet consumed (against the Shotgun's average of four), for a possible combined base damage of 174 per bullet spent (not including bullet damage stats which are then added). It has a 7.64% / 11.46% (1/13 / 1/9) chance to drop from Tactical Skeletons in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Tactical Shotgun's wide spread, high knockback, and numerous projectiles make it effective at crowd control, especially with Explosive Bullets.
- Against single targets such as bosses, Chlorophyte Bullets negate the Tactical Shotgun's inaccuracy at long range.
- When using Chlorophyte Bullets, most or all of the shots will hit causing a lot more damage but with only using one bullet. This method is more effective than the Megashark or Clockwork Assault Rifle as the Megashark shoots about 2 shots per bullet vs 6 shots for 1 bullet with the added bonus of having more damage per shot. The Clockwork Assault Rifle shoots 3 bullets vs 6 bullets (they also do more damage per shot). When paired, they can destroy most Hardmode enemies and quickly farm bosses with ease.
- It is inadvisable to use this weapon with Meteor Shots or any kind of piercing ammo (except for Luminite Bullets) against single targets. The bullets' piercing damage will cause the target to become invulnerable for a few frames, which means only one bullet will hit.
- Crystal Bullets are highly recommended for crowd control since they create 3 shards, for a total of 18 shards per round.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite appearing to have a scope, the Tactical Shotgun has no inherent Scope-like zoom capability without the use of an added Scope accessory.
- While the Tactical Shotgun is fully automatic, the Tactical Skeleton enemy that drops it seems to wield a significantly slower, semi-automatic version.
- The drum magazine on the sprite perhaps alludes the fact that it is automatic.
- Despite being fully automatic, it still fires rather slowly.
- The Tactical Shotgun appears to be a different gun than what the Tactical Skeleton uses.
- The Tactical Shotgun bears similarity to the Shotgun, but slightly longer and with a scope, drum magazine and foregrip.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.