|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Tactical Skeleton Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 292
“With thick armor and mighty boomsticks, it's clear these bones are prepared for a siege. Part of an elite military unit in their past lives.
— The Bestiary
The Tactical Skeleton is a Hardmode, post-Plantera enemy that appears in the Dungeon. Because it is armed with a Tactical Shotgun, the Tactical Skeleton stays a distance away from the player in order to fire. They are immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs just like the Hell Armored Bones. They are most common in areas backed with Tiled Walls.
It is one of the few entities that can be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While it seems to wield what is presumably the Shotgun, it drops the Tactical Shotgun, which is fully automatic.
- Their bestiary entry states that they wield Boomsticks.
- As it drops the SWAT helmet, the Tactical Skeleton seems to be modeled as an undead SWAT officer.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Drop chance of items reduced.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.