- This is not an error, as those banners are dropped by pre-hardmode enemies. --0icke0 (talk) 17:56, 3 July 2015 (UTC)
Perhaps they can be used to indicate what color base belongs to what team in PVP games?
Teams could knock down opposing banners and hang their own to claim control points/other bases?
- In 1.3, banners for Slimes were changed. Slimes now drop like-banners instead of a generic Slime Banner. You are probably playing an older version that doesn't yet have the new Slime banners.Sigma90 (talk) 03:25, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
I found a new bug![edit source]
I was messing around with the zombie banner i had and suddenly i had 2!
I was placing them from my inventory with my pickaxe [picksaw] selected, I placed it and broke it immedietly after by holding down the attack/place button, and iy duplicated it!
I tried this a few times and now I have 5 zombie banners.
Please add this to the bug list!
EDIT: I tried it a few times after posting this, and I found it hard to get more than 5, but I soon got 8.
I think it occures simply by rapidly placing banners across a surface they can be placed on.
Possibly it happens because the game registered the extra banner being placed before it registered the banners running out, because you are placing the banners so fast.
Because banners are so rare, but otherwise are worthless, this could be used to sort of fake that you have killed countless creatures to have gotten so many banners, even though you only legit got 1.
I tried once more after posting the first edit, and now I think I can do it almost every time, but to my suprise I went from 8 banners straight to 10!
I'm not sure how many blocks wide the surface i'm doing it on is, but I'm pretty sure that it's not enough for many more than 10.
It was quite awkward, but I got 12. I think the amount of dupes you can do is only limited by how many nearby places you can place banners on.
--188.8.131.52 10:26, 20 February 2015 (UTC) By Pixelstorm
- You were almost certainly doing this online, as this is a known lag issue. It's unknown if Re-Logic will address this in 1.3. Gearzein (talk) 13:16, 20 February 2015 (UTC)
Event enemies[edit source]
All the event enemies "drop" banners upon the 50th one being slain. Including Blood Moon, Lunar, Pumpkin Moon, Goblin Invasion, and all the Dungeon enemies, including both pre- and post-Plantera mobs. If someone is willing to take the time, these sections should be added to make the page more inclusive. :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 13:57, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
Banner lists / categories[edit source]
With the release of 1.3, I understand that there are a significant amount of new banners and not all of them have been found / screenshotted / added to the page. In the absence of images for banners, can we perhaps still make tables and lists? Straightaway, I can see that Pumpkin Moon, Martian Invasion and Lunar Event banners are not listed. Solar Eclipse is missing The Possessed's banner.
I also think the Goblin banners should be broken into a new table, Goblin Invasion, so as to match the other invasion events.
I'd be happy to make the tables and links myself, but I don't have a list of banners with which to populate the tables. Images are nice, but not mandatory. It'd still be good to have a complete list even if pictures are missing. Sigma90 (talk) 03:22, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- I've gone through and added the missing placed banner images for everything on the page (see my contribs for details). All images are extracted from the banner tile source (Tiles_91) from 220.127.116.11. I don't have a canonical (i.e. source-code) mapping of items to placed banners so have had to visually match them - I'll do some checking, but if anyone else gets there ahead of me feel free to fix any problems.
- Note that the Pirate banner and most of the goblins appear to have been redrawn / replaced in 1.3 - I've updated the placed banners to match the item images, but they could do with checking. -- SDGlyph (talk) 16:21, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Banners bonus[edit source]
Hi, someone stated that banners could multiply damages on monsters by 50% (normal mode) or 100% (expert mode). These numbers seems very high. Can someone check these in game ? --ChoirJ (talk) 01:14, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
I've merged the Monster Banner article into this one, as there isn't any particularly good reason to maintain two separate lists of banners containing the same information. While the information at the top of that article had been updated for 1.3, there had been no edits to the list itself, and the information in question was already on this page anyway. The one thing that page had that this one does not was a grouping of banners by biome (within larger pre-Hardmode and Hardmode groupings). Is that useful enough to be something we should replicate in the main list on this page? --Kalaina (talk) 11:50, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Counts incorrect?[edit source]
It looks like the totals for the easymode/hardmode counts don't match the tables?
For easymode I get 93 (64 + 16 slime + 7 critter + 6 goblin invasion) For hardmode I get 149 (73 + 7 slime + 3 snowmen + 6 pirate + 11 martian + 14 solar + 5 pumpkin + 9 frost + 21 lunar)
- You're right. It seems as though one of the Hardmode banners moved to pre-Hardmode and another moved to unobtainable recently and the counts hadn't been updated to reflect that. I've updated the page. --Kalaina (talk) 11:25, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
- I think the numbers might still be incorrect, it says 242 but I only counted 241 listed in the tables 18.104.22.168 20:04, 21 August 2015 (UTC)
Pretty simple question. Do banner effects stack? For example, I have multiple zombie banners and the buff doesn't show anything that would indicate that I have the effect more than once. Should I utilize additional banners as remote bases or for extra bonuses at my primary base? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 08:40, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
nomination to merge[edit source]
i would like to nominate this page to be merged with the decorative banners in a nutshell, they're the same thing except enemy banners are mob drops and provide a small buff. they could easily be merged to prevent confusion between the two, of which i have seen. besides, a disambiguation with only two things on it? that could also be deleted should these be merged. FinaLemon 01:41, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
- The difference in functionality makes them distinct enough to warrant separation. Grouping them based on name rather than function is inadvisable. Gearzein (talk) 02:03, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
- fair point, but the mimics and biome mimics are on the same page, and they're just as different. so under that idea, shouldn't we be splitting that page or merging this one? i'd say we merg this to prevent future confusion... but that's just me. FinaLemon 12:46, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
Unclear buff info[edit source]
Ambiguous wording: Currently the article states: "The buff grants players +50% damage inflicted (+100% in Expert Mode) and -25% damage taken from melee attacks (-50% in Expert Mode) against the corresponding enemy." Does the melee attack refer to both damage taken and inflicted or only to damage taken? --126.96.36.199 16:47, 9 December 2015 (UTC)
- Nevermind, I actually read the page correctly this time, I will undo the last edit on this page, tho, since that one moved the Crawltipede banner to obtainable Mythteller (talk) 19:50, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
Raven Banner - Hardmode?[edit source]
The Raven Banner is listed under Hardmode but the Raven enemy itself is classified as pre-Hardmode. Which is correct? 188.8.131.52 15:51, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
They don't drop every 50. So far I have seen: - Etherian Goblin: 1000 - Etherian Goblin Bomber: 500 - Etherian Javelin Thrower: 200 - Kobold: 200 - Drakin: 100 - Etherian Wyvern: 200
- I'd vote to keep them here since they basically are enemy banners, having more in common with other enemy banners than with the decorative ones: eg. each signifying and modeled after a particular enemy and being acquired after a certain number of that enemy are killed -- even if they're technically just decorative. That's just my take though. Equazcion (talk) 20:51, 18 Nov 2016 (UTC)
Spawn rate[edit source]
"They also seem to reduce the spawn rate of the corresponding enemy". "Seem to be" based on what exactly? Is this a mobile-only feature? The edit is tagged as one: https://terraria.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Banners_(enemy)&diff=prev&oldid=829781 —Preceding unsigned comment added by CrusaderFnB (talk • contribs) at 08:36, 9 September 2018