Eclairouge 126 : I have removed all separate pages. Now All the Celestial Towers are in this page. I have moved all the infos of these pages and i have not forgotten to move "tips" and "trivia" infos. I have regroup all the infos of the Vortex Pillar page, the Stardust Pillar page, the Nebula Pillar page, and the Solar Pillar page. I think it is more easy now to find infos about the Celestial Towers. PS : Sorry for my Engilsh, I am French. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Eclairouge126 (talk • contribs) at 16:27, 4 July 2015
"Celestial Towers"[edit source]
Can anyone point to a place where this term was used by a staff member? I thought I saw it myself, but can't seem to find it anywhere. It's not in the source code either. If this is an original term, I think we should rename this page to use the word "Pillars" instead, since the actual entity names are "____ Pillar". Perhaps "Lunar Pillars" (even though it's not quite as majestic-sounding). Equazcion (talk) 13:37, 15 Jul 2015 (UTC)
- Well, apparently the description for the "Star Destroyer" achievement says "Defeat the four celestial towers of the moon", so there's that. goldenapple (talk) 14:46, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
"Nebula Pillar Attack"[edit source]
Immediately after destroying my Nebula Pillar, I was killed by a Nebula Sphere, which appeared to be a small, bright violet wisp. I hadn't encountered anything like this while fighting the Pillar's minions so I believe it may have been summoned by the Pillar. Also looking at the pages for the Minions, I don't see this mentioned anywhere either. http://i.gyazo.com/b09dd941b3bc40b292ed6b4181bfa3a3.png --ValornTheRed (talk) 06:22, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- After redoing the event, I realized the Nebula Spheres are released by the Evolution Beasts, and they are mentioned on its page, just not by name. --ValornTheRed (talk) 07:33, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
Can we re-write the tips section from scratch? Many of the "tips" are things of "Here's what I did" and often they conflict with each other or make no sense. (I.E "take out the Nebula Pillar first" - then a few tips down "take out the Solar Pillar first")
- Tips sections are player-created, and unfortunately do have a tendency to get out of hand. Feel free to make adjustments to them as you see fit. Gearzein (talk) 20:05, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Annoying drop amount[edit source]
So I somehow defeated the Stardust pillar with my endgame pre-1.2 character, and suprise suprise, 17 Stardust fragments! I need 18 to craft one of the summoning items, and apparently, according to this wiki, it drops over 20 fragments on average! Also, It'll be the BIGGEST pain to summon the pillar again, as I barely survived with less than 10 hp after attempting to approach the Solar pillar! And my character is melee main, with defensive beetle armour, and because I cant even think of defeating the Solar piller, let alone getting enough fragments for a decent melee weapon, I'm effectivley forced to delve into cheats to progress, unless anybody here has some miracle strategy which can get me through all the pillars and the Moon Lord to FINALY get some 1.3 endgame gear, and actually be able to challenge these bosses/events without having to grind, cheat or follow a painstakingly specific strategy, half of which I wouldn't be bothered to do.
And before anybody asks, my loadout is this:
Total defence: 89
Other gear[edit source]
188.8.131.52 12:32, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not certain why you specified this wiki- the only other wiki I'm aware of seems to indicate that the lowest amount you're able to receive is 25. It's not a factual error on our part- it is possible to receive as few as 12. Listing the average amount was choice made by the writer, and how it may be misleading, that is how averages work- in some sense they are defined by the results that are exceptionally above or below average.
- Your loadout and other things don't matter from a wiki perspective, as this isn't a discussion forum or an outlet to vent complaints or receive suggestions. You'd likely receive better feedback if you directed complaints like this to the subreddit or the forums, where these kinds of discussions are commonplace and people are more than willing to offer assistance or make suggestions.
- In spite of policy, though, I'm going to give you a piece of advice- change it up. Your dedication to melee is admirable, but your loadout isn't diverse enough. The four lunar events are designed to present the player with different gameplay challenges that may require them to change the way they approach them, and it may not be possible to brute force your way through all of them with a single strategy. If you're approaching situations and your tactics aren't working- say, trying to fight melee specialists on their own terms, at close range, with no mobility or evasive options- then you should try a different approach.
- Additionally, banner buffs do not stack. Gearzein (talk) 17:47, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Two possible references[edit source]
The four types of strange plants have the same colors as the four pillars, I think. Also, if they added a greenish type of bait, then the baits would also match the pillars.
- Yee, they appear to be coincidental, and adding a reference has been discussed before. LordofEditing =(Talk)= 23:38, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
Just no. How can vortex be compared with earth, nebula with water and stardust with air? This makes no sense. 184.108.40.206 15:38, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
Tips for easy beating[edit source]
In my personal opinion, for defeating the Celestial Towers you need: Armor: Beetle Armor Accessories: Ankh Shield/Cobalt Shield/Obsidian Shield
Weapons: Possessed Hatchet
Mega Shark with Ichor Bullets
Mount: Cosmic Car Keys
Fly around the pillar area with the UFO mount and spam on the Hatchet, when the pillars shield goes down, use 1-5 ichor bullet shots on it so that it has the debuf inflicted, then keep using the hatchet, if the ichor goes away, shoot at him again. Remember to constantly stay in motion while attacking, the hatchet will attack the biggest threat so you should be fine. With this tactic, it should take around 5-10 minutes to defeat each tower. Remember if your health is low use greater healing potions/fly super high out of the towers area so that the enemies don't get to you.
Rename the page to Celestial Pillars[edit source]
The page says Towers and the boss info says Pillars, so which one is it? 220.127.116.11 19:44, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- I asked around the community and a large majority supported moving the page to "Celestial Pillars," so I went ahead and changed it. Thanks for the suggestion! – ReedemtheD3ad! (talk) 21:27, 26 July 2018 (UTC)