I think the Coin pages should be merged. While each individual coin is slightly different, combining the articles would consolidate the article, and deliver information more efficiently. Happypal 08:39, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- I dont' understand the rush to merge stuff. The wiki and the game are a week old. -- Wynthyst talk 08:53, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- Well, there's no rush. It is just about that I think it will un-arguably make wiki better, both on short and long term. I'd hate for a reader to go on the Copper Coin page, and think "Hum... Well, this page sucks", when we could have redirected him to the much better Coin page. I'm in no rush: For example, there are other pages, like Environment, I specifically took the position of "I think we should wait". I'm only merging pages, like Coin, Phaseblade, Gem(s), where I see no reason to wait. There is absolutely nothing interesting on the sub-item pages, and unless the game changes, there never will. Happypal 09:06, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- Agree. None of the coins are different from each other except for value and appearance. Having one page per type of coin is unnecessarily redundant. --Colonel Thirty Two 23:23, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- We should merge it with silver and gold coin,too!
- I mean,why copper coin should and and others not?makes no sense,and it would save MUCH more time.
- --ILikeMushroons 23:55, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- I am sure he means to merge the other coin articles with this one as well. --Colonel Thirty Two 23:23, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- I do not understand the concept of reducing the possibilities as making the wiki better, or how it would save MUCH more time. People who search for Coin, will find this page, and on this page there are links to other pages Copper Coin, Silver Coin, Gold Coin, and Platinum Coin. Each of those pages has a valid reason for existing, as they are individual items in the game. If information is duplicated from here to there that's fine... redundancy on a wiki is actually a good thing. This is a very young game, and very young wiki, leave the possibilities open rather than rushing to limit them so fast. -- Wynthyst talk 08:35, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
It was decided with user:Wynthyst that the merge of Coin would wait. We hope it will give a chance for the individual sub pages to become full pages on their own right, rather than kill them now. Worst case scenario, we merge later. happypal (talk • contribs) 08:21, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- I fail to see how enough information could ever be added to warrant each coin type having its own page. I understand Wynthyst's point on redundancy, but, in this case, I disagree that it is beneficial to have an article for each. The pages themselves should be kept to help with Template:Linked_icon but the articles should be merged and the pages redirected. ~Markus 11:36, 3 June 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't think so at first, but it might be possible for them, one day, to achieve non-stub status. I'd rather not "nick them in the bud", and not even give them a chance. Each coin page is linked to the main coin page. Worst case scenario, we'll re-consider the merge in a few months, no harm done. happypal (talk • contribs) 13:14, 4 June 2011 (UTC)
So, how about now? I don't see any possible merit in having an article for each coin type, now or future. I mean, it's all just currency. I'm just going to go ahead and do it at some point in the near future, unless anyone has any objections at this point. --Lunboks 15:54, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
Enemies picking up coins[edit source]
Slimes and skeletons seem to be able to pick up coins. Other enemies picking up coins is unknown at this time. Some slimes are seen to have coins inside of them. Needs verification.
-this is an expert mode feature, it was listed in the changelog 126.96.36.199 20:31, 12 July 2015 (UTC)
Small Trivia?[edit source]
Coins actually make a little light when dropped and when picked up. This could be useful for very early game. Should it be documented? 188.8.131.52 13:43, 6 March 2016 (UTC)
100 platinum coins turn into fallen stars[edit source]
In the mobile version of Terraria, getting 100 platinum coins will turn them into fallen stars. I used a duplication glitch to get this much. You may have to re-check this as it was a while ago when this happened. Steptimusheap (talk) 14:28, 24 June 2017 (UTC)
- Can you turn the fallen stars back into platinum coins? If so, you could collect fallen stars, and then you would be RICH! —Preceding unsigned comment added by PoolloverNathan (talk • contribs) at 12:38, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
- This no longer occurs on the current mobile version. It was a bug that was quickly patched awhile ago. —Preceding unsigned comment added by ReedemtheD3ad (talk • contribs) at 23:24, 18 September 2018 (UTC)
Proof of Coin Selling on Mobile[edit source]
- What version of mobile are you on? On iOS, coins do indeed have a sell value listed, but cannot actually be sold (same way it is on the PC version). – KM100 (talk) 14:30, 3 October 2017 (UTC)