There are tables for consumable/thrown weapons in at least three places. Here, Under thrown weapons and under consumable weapons. I can understand there being different tables for consumable and just thrown, but every table is in a totally different format and information isn't consistent across them all. Can we get something more uniform?
- While I agree it's not optimal, the setup does make sense to some extent. Thrown weapons as a damage type equivalent to Ranged, Magic and so on are technically a PC exclusive feature, which coincidentally includes the majority (if not the entirety) of the existing set of single-use weapons that exist in all versions. I say this because the first impulse is to delete Consumable weapons, which seems redundant with Thrown at first glance, but adding its information requires more work than just tossing the page, as there are still version differences. Redundancies and overlap between this page, which lists all items listed ingame as "consumable", and the wiki-created category of "consumable items" that seems to also include all furniture and ammunition, also complicate this.
- Reorganization of these groupings is an effort that we're already looking into, though. Most of the wiki's infrastructure was here well before the current userbase, including the administration, so we're still working to bring them into a more usable order- especially systems put in place around the 1.2 release, when the game was believed to be "finished", meaning that they aren't really built to be changed in any way. We'll fix this up as soon as we can. Gearzein (talk) 02:53, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- How about this:
- We keep thrown weapons as it is.
- We rewrite Explosives (class) to only include block-destroying thrown explosives. (Make a note that Rocket II and Rocket IV are also block destroying, but considered ammunition and Explosives (the item) is block destroying, but considered a trap. That way they don't get re-added constantly.) I feel this does the name more justice than just including a random subset of area of effect weapons.
- We remove Consumable weapons entirely.
- We move Land Mine to the Placeable weapons and move Explosives to trap blocks. (If need be we can link Traps/Lava in the weapon category under Placeable weapons. That way we have all ways to damage enemies in one place.)
- --0icke0 (talk) 10:55, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- While I kinda wish there was a less misleading name for explosives as a class, that was my plan. A short while ago, I rewrote the descriptions on the Thrown weapons page to integrate the information on Consumable Weapons, and was just about to delete the now-redundant page. (I forgot to earlier.)
- At the moment, though, there doesn't seem to be a page for placed weapons, likely because there are so few. I suppose putting the pressure plate traps could help fill out the category if such a page were to be created, and I can imagine people finding a page compiling and detailing all these sorts of "static defenses" useful. Gearzein (talk) 11:11, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
- How about this: