Talk:Drill Containment Unit
- It's the fastest way to mine in the game, of course it's expensive. Chrisf1020 (talk) 09:44, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- Though it is much more precise, obviously. But the aforementioned Snowball Cannon and Rocket IV's still reign supreme insofar as the opposite of worldgen is concerned. Creds: I have mined out an entire small world before, and it isn't even really close. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Daimoth (talk • contribs) at 01:09, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Drill Containment Unit vs. Shroomite Digging Claw[edit source]
After running a short test, Light Shroomite Drigging Claws with standard mining gear (Mining Armor, Celestial Stone, and Celestial Shell) out preformed the Drill Containment Unit. We might have to take back or reword the "fastest way to mine in Terraria" part. I will run a larger tests to make sure though. Rartrin (talk) 14:06, 25 July 2015
- Does anyone know the speed of this thing and if its faster than the base shroomite digging claws —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tzerchaos (talk • contribs) at 19:54, 7 March 2016 (UTC)
- Tool speed/Mining speed - The faster the tool, the smaller the number.
- Shroomite Digging Claw - mining speed of 4, which means that the tool will strike the block every 4/60 of a second, or 15 times per second.
- Drill Containment Unit - unknown?
- Drill Mount - unknow?
- Use Time - How quickly it hits. The lower the number, the more quickly it can be used.
- Shroomite Digging Claw - Use time of 11 (very fast).
- Drill Containment Unit - Use time of 19 (very fast). But, this is only used to summon the Drill Mount.
- Drill Mount - unknown?
- Anything less than a 9 is considered "Insanely Fast".
- Speed-modifying prefixes affect both mining speed and use time, potentially leading to the misconception that "melee speed" bonuses improve mining speed. In truth, melee speed bonuses affect only use time.
- The Drill mount has faster digging ticks than a base Shroomite Claws, or even a Light Claws.
- The Claws might offer faster ticks than the Mount when combined with all the gear the first commenter mentioned: Mining armor, Celestial Stone, Celestial Shell; however, since the Drill mount mines 4-5 blocks per tick, versus one at a time with the Claws, the Mount will still generally be faster.
- In special circumstances, if you just need to shave a single row of blocks from a surface that you can sprint or fall along, the Claws with all the aforementioned gear might be able to do that slightly faster (it would certainly do it more precisely). The Drill is still the fastest mining method in the game though, at most blocks mined per second. This could be mentioned in the article if someone feels inclined to include it.
Unused Drill Graphics[edit source]
I know we don't usually talk about Cutting-Room Floor things, but since this appears on the page I thought it'd be useful to have the actual file. This is Mount_Drill.png in case someone wants to add it to the trivia page. 220.127.116.11 22:22, 29 May 2017 (UTC)