Owl.png Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark. Owl.png

Talk:Duke Fishron

From Terraria Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

What? No.[edit source]

Who wrote this? I'm 99% sure this is totally wrong. "Though the five items Duke Fishron drops each have a 20% chance to appear that seemingly adds up to 100%, each of them is actually calculated independently. More than one of these items, or none at all, may drop upon his death."

Too many people have come through reporting as a bug that Fishron will sometimes drop multiple or no items. This isn't just the case here- it happens on other pages as well, because people mistakenly assume that if an item has a 20% chance to drop and doesn't appear after five kills that the game is bugged and not that they're just unlucky. Logically, rather than assume that this one case of the percentage drop chance would be both coded differently from almost every other one in the game but happened to be bugged such that it worked like them every other enemy drop, it's a safer assertion to make that these five items' 20% chance adding up to 100% is basically a coincidence. If you're only 99% sure, that might just be another case of probability not working in practice quite like it does on paper. I'd prefer to wait for that other 1%, so if anyone would like to take a look at the source and verify it then I'll drop the matter. Gearzein (talk) 02:40, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
The Wings (1/15), Mask (1/7), and Trophy (1/10) are determined independently: All can drop or none may drop. The other 5 items listed as having a 20% chance are not independent of each other: One of those five will always drop, each with a 1/5 (20%) chance. There is no chance that multiples of those five will ever drop from a single Duke Fishron. This is according to the code. If multiples of those 5 drop, or none at all, for some people, that would have to be the result of a bug -- but perhaps those reports came before the update that fixed some Duke Fishron bugs...? Equazcion (talk) 03:01, 14 Dec 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for that clarification, that's what I was looking for. Frankward (talk) 03:07, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
The last time it was reported was less than a month ago. I guess that's why we stopped accepting bug reports, huh. It's good we got that cleared up. Gearzein (talk) 03:22, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
They may not have actually been looking at the numbers. Some reports might have been based on the assumption that the Wings were one of the main drops, cause they're a powerful item, and when those dropped in addition to a Tempest Staff etc, it would look like a bug or anomaly. If we wanted to replace the note, we could clarify that the wings (and trophy and mask) are actually calculated independently of the other 5. Equazcion (talk) 03:30, 14 Dec 2014 (UTC)

Line Break Bug[edit source]

My line breaks every time I try to summon him, what gives? Is he supposed to be difficult to catch? Because he certainly seems to be.-- 01:25, 11 May 2014 (UTC)

Needs additional testing, but there seems to be an issue such that having a stack of two or more truffle worms will summon him without fail, less than that and the bait will be consumed without summon. So for now always carry more than one truffle worm during summon attempts. 01:51, 11 May 2014 (UTC)

Pole Power[edit source]

How strong is "Pole with sufficient power" required to summon Duke Fishron?-- FunAlways (talk) 01:31, 16 May 2014 (UTC)

As I'm pretty sure that was an error made by someone who experienced the bug fixed in, I've been removing those statements. I'm pretty sure he can be summoned using any pole. Equazcion (talk) 01:33, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
Okay then, some of my friends (including me) wondering about that and is too scared to waste the worm to test it. --FunAlways (talk) 02:17, 17 May 2014 (UTC)

Beat Pre-Plantera[edit source]

I am a melee class and want to kill him but i have yet to kill plantera or skeletron prime. is it possible to kill him without paladins hammer/vampire knives

Duke Fishron is currently the most difficult boss and bosses are already hard to kill with melee. So I think it is unlikely you will be able to defeat him with melee and certainly not without vampire knives. --0icke0 (talk) 13:05, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
I beat him with a terra blade but not without beetle armor i dont think its possible to kill pre-plantera
I'm melee too so for me the best are vampire knives. So if you're console player (like me :D) try to kill Plantera and build meteor head key mold farm. So you can't kill him without plantera killed :/ Krzysk1 (talk) 18:13, 18 February 2015 (UTC)

I can defeat him with a decent set of wings, a titanium/adamantite repeater, and some other basic hardmode metal armor from fishing crates. He's not too difficult if you have 15 minutes to kill and plenty of arrows.

"15 minutes to kill" like dungeon guardian :D (but i prefer afk machine that will kill him) Krzysk1 (talk) 18:13, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
This is the talk page for the article, not a discussion forum. Conversations like these are better suited for the official forum. Strategies for defeating Duke Fishron can be directed to Guide:Duke Fishron strategies but the only relevant question here is whether the game code will allow it, which is detailed on the page proper- while the Truffle Worm will only spawn in hardmode, nothing prevents him from being summoned into any world. Gearzein (talk) 18:22, 18 February 2015 (UTC)

Sharknado Damage[edit source]

How high is the sharknado damage? I can't find it anywhere. FunAlways (talk) 00:55, 8 March 2015 (UTC)

Just look at the page of the summoning item: Tempest Staff. -TheFrostSpark (talk) 18:30, 16 July 2015 (UTC)

So me and some random person were fighting duke and killed him. The odd part is, the defeat message displayed twice, and two treasure bags for -each- of us dropped. Can anyone else confirm this happening under any circumstance?

In expert mode when you have one friend în your server every boss drope two treasure bags

Alexxn (talk) 20:36, 15 January 2020 (UTC)

drops[edit source]

Has anyone noticed that fish has the same chance of dropping fishron wings than the chance of the paladin dropping it's hammer? RedDigit should increase it's chance, since it is the second hardest boss in the game. 12:54, 16 June 2016 (UTC)

So, Why needed to post? Also if you want redigit increase its drop change, Then report it in the forums. Because this is not a suggesting website. Sorry for the offense, I just want to make sure everyone understands. --IosKent (talk) 13:50, 16 June 2016 (UTC)--

I play on expert mode and killed him like 10 times but I still haven’t got the trophy should I keep farming or what also how do you get Truffle worms to spawn because I have to go to the natural mushroom biome but my artificial one doesn’t spawn them in if you know how deep it needs to be or how many blocks long my biome is please tell me thank you (a confused 13 year old who commented this in 2019)

Unless no one added an improved drop chance, Fishron Wings have same drop chance in normal as Expert Mode, unless you want Shrimpy Truffle, no point in Expert Mode battle Smartboyawesome (talk) 19:11, 11 January 2020 (UTC)

Also, if the mushroom music starts playing and your artificial mushroom biome is underground, Truffle Worms should spawn. I used Clentaminator after Getting Truffle on surface, and “mushroomed” the underground jungle. Found truffle worms almost instantly. Smartboyawesome (talk) 19:13, 11 January 2020 (UTC)

Also, if the mushroom music starts playing and your artificial mushroom biome is underground, Truffle Worms should spawn. I used Clentaminator after Getting Truffle on surface, and “mushroomed” the underground jungle. Found truffle worms almost instantly. Smartboyawesome (talk) 19:13, 11 January 2020 (UTC)

Third mode?[edit source]

I was fighting duke fishron on expert mode his health was 9772 and he still wasn't in the third mode 10:47, 16 August 2016 (UTC)

edit... when it had 8600 health it didn't transform but at 8028 health it did 10:53, 16 August 2016 (UTC)

Immunity[edit source]

Is he immune to the stunned debuff, cause I used heart arrows against him and he still kept lunging at me RaptorWolf89 (talk) 22:45, 24 February 2017 (UTC)

We don't have access to the mobile source code, but as far as I've seen most bosses I try to use heart arrows on don't pause like they used to in older versions. Somebody would have to verify it though. 4e696e6a6f795844 (talk) 22:50, 24 February 2017 (UTC)

how hard?[edit source]

personaly,I think it is harder than the moon lord.I tried with a character that had all the post moon lord gear.(every armor set and weapon) and I still couldn't beat him. (I used my masterful laser machine gun with a mana flower and LOTS of mana potions,solar flare armor and my brother did the same on the same battel and consantly useing the nurse.) :| should I try again? —Preceding unsigned comment added by (talk)

This isn't really the place (I suggest the forums or discord), but the thing is, you can't really power past Duke Fishron, you need actual skill and dodging capacity -- for example, you don't mention your wings, other mobility accessories, or any kind of dodging capacity (e.g., Hallowed armor). There's at least one Youtuber who can farm him pre-mechboss, that's how important skill is as opposed to straight tanking, here. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 10:18, 19 June 2020 (UTC)

--MentalMouse42 (talk) 10:18, 19 June 2020 (UTC)