Gold Chest (item)?[edit source]
It's not very good to mix two pages of different content with each other on wikis. I think we should separate them. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 7 UP (talk • contribs) at 03:49, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
Molten hamaxe bug removal[edit source]
Golden chests can be destroyed with the molten hamaxe. I think when the person that wrote it tried it, his chest wasn't empty. —Preceding unsigned comment added by The Rock2510 (talk • contribs) at 22:01, 1 July 2011 (UTC)
Locked Gold Chest a new chest type?[edit source]
The Gold Chests that require a Gold Key look to be a new type of chest and are not just Gold Chests in certain areas. The sprite looks different. futRtrubL 02:45, 11 August 2011 (UTC)
Xbox 360 bug??[edit source]
1.2 infinite gold chest bug[edit source]
This is bug encountered directly after the molten hamaxe bug. When playing with a friend they happened to destroy a gold chest with their hamaxe. We were wondering what had happened because the chest disappeared completely. So the chest and it's supposed contents were invisible to both of us, but as I walked around where the chest had been I started picking up all the (invisible on screen) items that were in the chest. I thought this was just due to tons of lag, but then it got worse.
That's where the real bug started. I picked up 5 gold chests So I started placing them down so she could see how many I had picked up. I then began breaking them again (to pick them back up) but I couldn't break one of the chests. For some reason, I was still able to pick up a chest, but it didn't get removed from where I had placed it. I then realized I could get infinite chests from this bug.
- I also got this glitch just today, the picture shows a semi glitched chest and I my inventory almost filled with chests. I don't know how this happened but it is pretty cool.
- —Preceding unsigned comment added by Knarkill34 (talk • contribs) at 00:41, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
Hardmode Loot?[edit source]
I found a gold chest from a fresh world that almost imeadiatly was put to hardmode. This chest contained silver bullts which is abnormal from a gold chest to contain. —Preceding unsigned comment added by MeeTonToE (talk • contribs) at 00:04, 1 November 2013 (UTC)
Other Chests[edit source]
As of 1.3, Rich Mahogany Chests, Granite Chests, and Marble Chests can all be found underground with the same loot as Gold Chests. However, all three of these pages simply redirect to the central page chest, with no indication of the possible loot they can contain. It would be tedious to list the same loot table four times on all of these pages, so perhaps the Gold Chests loot page could be moved to the normal Chest page's loot tables, as it's done with the surface loot. –KM100 (talk) 21:18, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- I was about to propose converting the loot tables into templates for easy transclusion and correction. This is all the more reason to consider my proposition.--Macks2008 (talk) 19:00, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- I agree that the way that chest loot is handled needs to be reworked, but I wouldn't put them on the main Chest page (not that I have a suitable alternative). I think that having surface chest loot on that page has always been kind of awkward, and that more of a distinction needs to be made between chests as player-crafted storage items and chests as generated loot containers.
- It is at times like this that I look to the Minecraft wiki to steal ideas. Perhaps something similar to their Chest Loot page could be used for this purpose? Gearzein (talk) 19:34, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
XBOX Dragon Armor[edit source]
- It's not a pointless question. Anyway, i don't think it should be mentioned. Are you sure remember that Dragon armor appeared in chests in Xbox (360?)? If so, i could ask around. -- Murrayzero (talk) 21:58, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
invalid housing[edit source]
is it just my imagination, or does this specific type of chest (but not others?) invalidate housing? I was trying to figure out why a house was invalid when I Nick has had a valid frame, walls, etc., and when I removed the gold chest from the house, it became valid. Weird thing is, it only seems to be gold chests; I have a glass chest in my Nurse's house and haven't had any problems with that. Does it behave differently because it can be found in generated structures, perhaps? Or am I just misunderstanding what's going on completely? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Macks2008 (talk • contribs) at 02:42, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- To me, that sounds like a bug (also, I cannot reproduce this behavior whatsoever on Desktop 22.214.171.124), so it might be best to post this on the forums. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 23:20, 18 August 2019 (UTC)
- The forums are a good place to ask (post a screenshot for people to analyze). Assuming you're on PC, [this section] is a good place to start (there are multiple threads on the topic, but you can post another. But my first thought here is: Does the chest in the problem house leave the NPC a place to stand (not on platforms)? That requirement is consistently my biggest problem with small houses (especially when open doors take another block off the edge of the floor). --MentalMouse42 (talk) 13:23, 19 August 2019 (UTC)