- 1 no altar to summon Golem
- 2 new way to enter the lizhard before even entering hardmode
- 3 Using the Rod of Discord to enter the temple Pre-Plantera (1.2.4)
- 4 Rod of Discord - possible bug
- 5 inaccessible boss rooms
- 6 maybe with HOIKs?
- 7 added a new tip
- 8 Big Hole
- 9 Question about wording in the page
- 10 Strats for Finding?
no altar to summon Golem[edit source]
I have just confirmed in my world there is no altar to try to summon the Golem. I have also managed to glitch past the door somehow by using my Pwnhammer to rearrange the bricks, then dashing at the door. I have not defeated Plantera, and have only defeated the Destroyer in Hardmode. This was not something I was attempting to do and was not something I tested so I don't know much. (The angle made it impossible to try getting out backwards and I didn't feel like going all the way down again from the surface.) It may have to do with my Frostspark Boots, which I was running with at full speed. Here's a screenshot if anyone is interested: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3281175165272517966/2C9E9FCFFEAF2269386FA9C9D6AA75CB52B91671/ --188.8.131.52 04:38, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- This is supposed to be fixed in the latest version, so if you make a new world this shouldn't happen anymore. --0icke0 (talk) 07:09, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- There should always be one at the bottom of a Jungle Temple —Preceding unsigned comment added by Bryciboy666 (talk • contribs) at 02:37, 3 October 2015
new way to enter the lizhard before even entering hardmode[edit source]
i have found a new way to get in the lizhard in version 1.2.3, i was making a really horrible attempt of making a gap to enter it through with my pwnhammer ( by making half blocks, but sadly enough that would only work if there was already a gap of 1 block high, i knew that but i was hoping that maybe, just maybe i was able to sqeeuze myself through by a bug ), and suddenly i was pushed right through the closed door ( and killed very quickly because, of course i was totally unprepared for the event that i actually managed to get in there ), later that day i encounterd another lizhard while on my way to the underworld ( in case you didnt know it, caving your way down in a jungle is by far the fastest way to reach the underworld on a new map, its also the least time consuming if you dont have some kind of hellevator ), and after a while of experimenting i perfectioned my glitch to a technique reusable every time i died to.
before reading the instructions below, check if floor in front of the door is the same height on at least 4 blocks, if not it might be troublesome moing into the right spot later on
- hammer/hamaxe/jackhammer ( anything that is able to make blocks sloped/half/whole again will do )
- a good amount of placeable blocks ( almost any block will do, i used mud myself, but wood, stone, dirt, ash, snow, ice, and likes will work to, as long as its not affected by gravity and blocks movement )
- anything you need to surive the lizhard once inside, pickaxe/drill is of course required to fix any mistakes you make in setting up the glitch, and looting the contents of the temple, weapons will be needed to fend off the enemies inside, a bed is advised if you dont want to repeat the glitch each time you die ( you'll have to make sure you can destroy the background walls inside for this ) but if your able to defend yourself against most hardmode enemies your normal gear should do, my personal experience is that the hardmode jungle enemies outside are more dangeroud then those inside the temple, if you can kill flying snakes before they reach you and stay out of reach of the lizhards by killing them from above you will be alright
1: hammer the 4 blocks of ground level in front of the door to half blocks whit an hammer
2: place 2 blocks in front of the top block of the door, this shoud leave a 2½ gap of 2 blocks long in front of the door
3: walk into said space by hammering the blocks above into half blocks or slopes into a shape you fit in
4: encase yourself whit blocks by filling up as much space on the outer side of the door as you can reach, taking away all free space around you on the side you came from prevents you from beign squeezed in the wrong direction
5: while still in the cramped space you moved into during step 3, hammer the block your standing on, and the block above you farrest away from the temple, this shoud push you away through the door to the interior of the temple
6: do whatever you want to do in the lizhard temple, though your not able to mine the lizhard bricks whitout a picksaw, and the golem can ony be summoned after killing plantera you can still loot all the furniture, wire, pots and traps and chests inside.
—Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 14:24, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
Using the Rod of Discord to enter the temple Pre-Plantera (1.2.4)[edit source]
The Rod of Discord was changed to not allow teleporting into the temple on patch 220.127.116.11. Curious as to why this was I went to the jungle, used my Pwnhammer to remove the mud wall leading towards the temple. I was then able to remove the lihzard temple wall and teleport in just as before. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 10:15, 25 May 2014 (UTC)
Rod of Discord - possible bug[edit source]
I have no idea if it is actually in-game bug, or just my-game bug, because I played around a bit with TEdit, although I haven't touched the temple - I'm sure... Basically, I have firstly tried to use the Rod of Discord to enter the temple - hasn't worked, but after defeating Plantera (first time), it did, even though I still have the key hidden in a chest. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 21:27, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
I also can enter the temple with the Rod of Discord. Plantera is defeated and I had a jungle key in my inventory. I did not get the achievment when I used the key to unlock the door from the inside. Feb 2 2017 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:25, 13 February 2017 (UTC)
inaccessible boss rooms[edit source]
it should probably be noted that the Temple can spawn in such a way that the "boss chamber" is unreachable without cheating/teleporting. teleporting in may not even be an option if walls generate too thick. most likely a bug, but it did happen to me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 11:45, 18 July 2015 (UTC)
maybe with HOIKs?[edit source]
It might be possible to hammer the lihzard bricks into hoiks and get in that way. As of yet I have not tested the idea, but if it works then the lihzard items could be obtained just after the pre-hardmode dungeon, allowing you be very overpowered for quite a while. EdgedPixel (talk) 10:52, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
added a new tip[edit source]
I have experienced the spawning of lihzahrds before pre-hardmode when standing in front of the jungle door, and i have used my vilethorn to try and kill the lihzahrd(A very feeble attempt), when it got to around half health, it got down on all fours. But the surprising thing is that it went through the door and attacked me, i almost died, but killed it in time. it is a real hazard for mid pre-hardmode players like me, and i must warn other players of the same. I expect it to happen because it was standing extremely close to the door and its hitbox(or size, or shape) when it changed was partly inside the door. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 07:58, 10 June 2016 (UTC)
Big Hole[edit source]
Question about wording in the page[edit source]
Third Paragraph of the intro part, before table of contents:
>In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera in a world to get the Temple Key, which is used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance.
This makes it sound in a way that you need to kill Plantera in a world to get in the temple. Meaning that from Mechanical Bosses (Notes):
>In the Pc only.png Desktop version, bringing their summoning items to a pre-Hardmode world makes it possible to defeat the Mechanical Bosses prior to defeating the Wall of Flesh. However, the Wall must still be defeated in order to unlock Plantera.
However, if you kill Plantera more than once in a world, you end up with a spare Temple Key (and since you no longer need them with Biome Key Molds, the second Temple key has no use in the same world).
So as an experiment, I made a fresh small world, found the Temple and the result was that a Temple Key unlocks the Temple Door without killing any boss.
Maybe word it something more like this?
>In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera to get the Temple Key. This key is used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance in any world and is consumed in the process.
Strats for Finding?[edit source]
Are there any known strategies for finding Jungle Temples? I've been exploring my Jungle excessively and have not been able to find one so far, so this would be appreciated. If there are any, this could also be added to the wiki page for newer players. Diamondcat6746 (talk) 21:37, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- You could try Dangersense Potions - the traps will light up. – Ferretwings (talk) 22:31, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- You might get lucky using Teleportation Potions. – Ferretwings (talk) 22:42, 13 January 2019 (UTC)
- One player had some luck looking for floating land over the Jungle, they found the Temple directly underneath. Haven't tested this myself. – Ferretwings (talk) 22:47, 13 January 2019 (UTC)