Map Viewer pixel size:
Small: 4200x1200 px
Medium: 6300x1800 px
Large: 8400x2400 px
Is 1 pixel equal 1 ft?
- No, 1 block = 2 ft.
Map viewer size[edit source]
Hmm, didn't realize the 3 map sizes were actually fixed. Oh well, fortunately the sheer number of tiles are large enough that there shouldn't be a perception problem. Anyway... I've tunneled sideways under the ocean to encounter a horizontal edge of the world (too bad there isn't an option of an edge-wrapped world). There's no actual map edge border per se, the map simply stops at a certain point. How about the vertical edges? From the snippets I've read about bugs and falling to the "bottom of the world" I presume the lower edge is also like that, so can I assume that the sky also just ends at some point you can't go higher? - Spinfx 07:17, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
- Yup, the sky has a limit as well. --GauHelldragon 08:56, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
New map size in v1.1??[edit source]
Can somebody help to check the sizes of the different world types in v1.1? I have just created a new Medium world, and it turned out to be 6400 x 1800 instead of 6300 x 1800. Dragomir7 01:16, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
-- I get this too. Just press F9 until the old or trippy lighting. Tested this on a Storage map thats built in space. Couldnt see some of the chests in new lighting. I'll get pics soon.
- I created a large map for 1.1 and as one of my major bit of effort choose to dig my helevator on the far left of
- the map, the absolute edge in fact. Now I do not yet have the compass to know the exact positioning, but under
- the new lighting system, my helevator shaft takes the two left most blocks of the map. When I switch to the older
- lighting system, pressing f9 twice, I suddenly have approximately 12 more blocks to the left of the shaft. I then
- open the world in Terrafirma and find the map extends approximately 12 more beyond even that. This is an
- interesting behavior and I can only wonder if it would be relavent enough to mention if only for the posibility of
- creating hidden construction, or chest item caches, on multiplayer servers. Necrovore 19:37, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
I notice that 1.1 chopped off a good bit of the sky. I have structures that are now unaccessable to me because of this :C 22.214.171.124 01:58, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
- No guys, this is a known bug due to the lighting system. If you cycle to the original lighting system you may regain access to the edges of the map. It is not "extra" or "hidden" space. For details search the official Terraria forums, there are several threads on this issue in the bug reports section. - 02:41, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
What is keeping you from going past the bottom? Does it just cut off like the edges, or does it have some sort of bedrock like block?--126.96.36.199 02:11, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
- The screen just stops scrolling and you won't be able to leave the screen. --0icke0 (talk) 07:57, 5 September 2013 (UTC)
No Extra-Large[edit source]
Been hearing persistent rumors that Extra-Large worlds are not coming. Apparently Loki ISP, who is closely tied with the developers, said this.
Large worlds, Jungles, and evil biome[edit source]
I don't think it is necessarily likely that the Jungle will be further from the evil biome, especially if there are multiple chasms spawned. As far as I can tell in current mapgen, these chasms don't necessarily need to spawn together, so any one of them may end up near the Jungle. Techhead7890 (talk) 13:36, 2 June 2020 (UTC)