Owl.png Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark. Owl.png


From Terraria Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

I've noticed that mummies getting speed increase after loosing some amount of health, someone should check it and mention here, probably

Confusion[edit source]

Light Mummies have a happy face, but still attack players. This is probably the reason they cause confusion. ;P
TechpriestMagos 02:29, 10 December 2011 (UTC)

I got a mechanical worm off a dark mummy. I would think they can also drop mechanical skulls?

    I think any hardmode enemy can drop mechanical boss summoners, with a fairly low drop rate.

Blindfold?[edit source]

I've killed maybe thousands of dark mummies so far, and I've gotten about 10 megaphones, never a blindfold. Is this a bug, or really, really, really bad luck?

Question added[edit source]

What am I missing for not having any dark mummy or shadow mummy spawing? I have been on corrupt desert for many hours even druining bloodmoon. The desert is about 3 screen wide and at lest 4 block high. And I'm playing on mobile.

Assuming you're in Hardmode, it could be the result of a bug. Mobile players have been reporting extremely low Hardmode spawn rates. It's best to search/ask about this at the forum. This thread describes a recent update that was supposed to address the problem, but people are still reporting it: [1]. Equazcion (talk) 10:03, 12 Apr 2015 (UTC)

Fast Clock[edit source]

I've been trying to farm the Fast Clock and I had no success with Dark Mummies (killed several hundreds). I then changed to a hallow dessert and it dropped pretty quickly. I therefore think that the entry is wrong, and that Fast Clock is dropped by Light Mummy and not by Dark Mummy. Not sure about the "normal" Mummy, though. I am not sure how in general the percentage is calculated, so I don't dare changing the page. -- 21:23, 16 July 2015 (UTC)

Over 750 Dark Mummies dead and no Fast Clock for me either. If they do drop it I doubt it's a 1% chance as stated. - Nirrudn (talk) 00:40, 18 July 2015 (UTC)

There is NO WAY[edit source]

I have no idea where you guys get these droprates from, but there is no way that they are correct. I have had to kill 1038 Dark Mummies for ONE Blindfold. Sounds more like 0.1-0.2% to me. And I am not just insanely unlucks, there are countless reports of disappoited people who didn't find any Blindfolds until they had killed at least 400Mummies. Do you guys randomly write the droprates down by vague feeling about their rarity? 13:46, 21 July 2015 (UTC)

The drop rates are taken directly from the game's code, which states that there is a 1/100 chance of the item dropping. Random is random; there are probably countless people who have gotten the Blindfold on their first try. –KM100 (talk) 14:32, 21 July 2015 (UTC)

Drop Rates for Dark Mummy[edit source]

There seems to be some ongoing confusion about the drop rates for the Megaphone and Blindfold with the Dark Mummy, and this has been edited multiple times over the last few months. Here's an explanation of how the drops for Ankh Charm items works, summarizing NPC.NPCLoot(), implemented this way since 1.2.3 and still applicable as of

  • While determining loot, a 1/100 roll is done (Main.rand.Next(100) == 0). If expert mode, this is done a second time.
  • If either of these are 0, the NPC ID is checked to see if it can drop an Ankh Charm item. This is effectively a 1% (normal) or 2% (expert) probability.
  • If the enemy NPC can drop more than one item, there is an additional 1/2 roll (Main.rand.Next(2) != 0) to choose which of the two items can be dropped. This halves the probability of either to 0.5% (normal) or 1% (expert).
  • There will be an additional 1/100 roll to see if the other item will drop as well, but this is statistically insignificant for the purposes of top level reporting.

This 0.5%/1% per item probability applies strictly to Dark Mummies and Pixies, though the chance that they'll drop either of the items is still 1%/2%. All other enemies that can drop a single Ankh Charm item are still 1%/2%. Critcodedtuna (talk) 15:05, 12 January 2016 (UTC)