Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- 1 Conflicting Info
- 2 Duplication issue
- 3 Where are these "Comments"?
- 4 Biome Half-n-Half
- 5 No sound?
- 6 Blizzard "Event"?
- 7 Interesting effect on right-click
- 8 Not recording music in 1.2.3
- 9 Copying Music Box (Title)
- 10 Thumbnail Errors
- 11 Frost Moon
- 12 Merge suggestion
- 13 Crimson
- 14 Console music
- 15 Underground Crimson?
- 16 Mobile: Not implemented
Conflicting Info[edit source]
Title card thing is self explanatory, but these two pieces of info conflict, as one states that they can be reforged, while the other states they can't.
Piece 1, under Changelogs:
- Desktop 1.2.1: You can no longer reforge Music Boxes.
Piece 2, under Notes:
- Music Boxes can, in fact, be reforged and have modifiers. It is possible (though relatively rare) for a Music Box to get a random modifier after being recorded, but you can alternatively use the Goblin Tinkerer's reforge function.
I'm not able to verify either currently, so it'd be appreciated if someone could and correct the page as needed (Either by removing Piece 2, or adding a note to say that Piece 1 was reverted at some point).
Duplication issue[edit source]
Re: duplication issue -in multiplayer, I've tried placing 4 different recorded music boxes on wooden platforms, furniture etc and all that happened was I got a loud placing noise and an avalanche of dirt particles. The music boxes, however, didn't duplicate. 220.127.116.11 02:51, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
Where are these "Comments"?[edit source]
In the revision shown here, the user has stated they didn't read the comments. What comments? The talk above says they didn't dupe and there are no HTML Comments <!-- and --> in the article. ColdReactive 06:08, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- It was JUST added in, not when I added this topic, i nthis diff. It's still not elaborating on how much "not-fixing" they did. ColdReactive 16:44, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- He talked about comments in edit description.
- That's a "Summary" Not a comment. I would've looked at the edit history if the user had said "Edit Summary" instead. Thank you for shedding light on this by linking the appropriate edit. ColdReactive 20:02, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
Biome Half-n-Half[edit source]
Has anyone noticed that if you stand at the border of the natural corruption, you will hear a weird amalgamation of the music of the corruption and the music of the biome bordering it? Anyone tried to record this? - Spinfx 07:19, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
No sound?[edit source]
(Yeah, I know this isn't the best place to put this, but bear with me.) Terraria never has any sound whatsoever. When I went to "Options" and then "Volume" to try and fix this, "Sound" was at 100%, but no sound played when I used any items, and "Music" was at 0%. When I tried to increase the "Music" value, it went to 1% but quickly went back, and when I held it, it was stuck at 1% and wouldn't go higher. What is wrong with my game? --18.104.22.168 21:59, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
Blizzard "Event"?[edit source]
(cross-posted from Snow Biome talk page; same user here) Does the Blizzard event really have noticeably different (Recordable) music from the regular Snow track/Ice track? Because when I tried using a Music Box to record it, all I got was Music Box (Snow). And yes, I was certain it was the so-called "Blizzard" event because it was raining elsewhere in the map and Ice Golems (plural, mind you) appeared and subsequently had their faces melted off and their Frost Armor item drops retrieved.
Would appreciate a definitive answer; thanks for reading.
Interesting effect on right-click[edit source]
After right clicking it, mine turned into a Quick Obsidian Shield, which is... very strange. On the plus side though, it has a higher sale value than the music box itself!
Not recording music in 1.2.3[edit source]
It is not recording any music...
It does record but it's not instantaneous, it takes a while. --22.214.171.124 22:00, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
Do I have to have all the other 12 tracks in my inventory? Which crafting station is used?
edit: Ah, you need to combine all twelve tracks at the Tinkerer's Workshop.
Can someone who knows the coding add that in? At twelve individual items, it is the most complex and time consuming item to Craft.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 00:36, 9 December 2011 UTC
Copying Music Box (Title)[edit source]
After one has made this box, could copies be made with the ole sit and listen method? Or do we have to go through the hassle of recording all 12 of the others again?—Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 14:49, 19 May 2014 UTC
- For order's sake: Music Box (Title) can be copied by recording another Music Box (Title) playing. Question answered by 184.108.40.206. NoseOfCthulhu (talk) 00:26, 20 May 2014 (UTC)
Thumbnail Errors[edit source]
No clue why but there is an error wherever a thumbnail image should appear except for the stub and bug thumbnails. The error is "Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination". I don't have the faintest idea why this is happening. In case it matters I'm using Google Chrome. Valadez601 (talk) 04:31, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
- Weird, I have no idea what can cause this. Maybe clearing your cache solves the problem? --0icke0 (talk) 10:47, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
Frost Moon[edit source]
Spent an entire 5 hours with the frost moons music playing (Several elf zombies did not despawn, thus causing the frostmoon music to keep playing). The music box did not change to a Frostmoon music box, even though I had one equiped. bug?
Merge suggestion[edit source]
The individual music box articles are in various states of disrepair, but their shared trait is that they're all incredibly short articles with little worthwhile information. I'm suggesting that the individual pages be merged into this single article, as with most furniture items, and that the main Music Box page be made cleaner and more comprehensive. --Gearzein (talk) 05:57, 14 November 2014 (UTC)
- You read my mind. Equazcion (talk) 06:04, 14 Nov 2014 (UTC)
- I'm getting it started, not sure if I'll complete it tonight though. Equazcion (talk) 06:06, 14 Nov 2014 (UTC)
to craft the Title theme music box do you have to use corruption music or can you use crimson? It never states it on the page.
- It states you need Corruption and Underground Corruption music boxes; Crimson music boxes will never work. –KM100 (talk) 17:16, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Console music[edit source]
I just beat the Eye of Cthulu and recorded the music, it says music box 4 but plays music box 5. I've noticed this music for Queen Bee too. What's going on?! ZambeeZlayer (talk) 16:52, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
- This is an oversight made by the developers of the console/mobile versions, and is already listed on the page. –KM100 (talk) 17:16, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Underground Crimson?[edit source]
On the console version, I just cant seem to record the underground crimson, ive been trying for 10+ mins and no good... am I glitched? 220.127.116.11 00:50, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
I tried again today, no luck... is it it something to do with my character or world? 18.104.22.168 23:19, 9 August 2015 (UTC)
Tries again today, this time for about 20mins... is it that to get the music? its one of my favorite ones 22.214.171.124 02:09, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
Mobile: Not implemented[edit source]
I used an inventory editor to add it in on android. After saving and exiting to the main menu, the item is removed from chests. I added multiple versions of the music box, all had the same effect. So, while the Music Box is in the code, it is unobtainable(not sold) and not implemented(not fully coded). Edit: Possibly has extra data values that are needed in order to be a valid item? Shadowsyllvet (talk) 13:52, 29 November 2016 (UTC)