- 1 Party Girl Conditions
- 2 188.8.131.52.1 Respawn bug?
- 3 Biome specific items
- 4 Being More Specific about NPCs
- 5 My Guide has not respawned after death!
- 6 Drowning?
- 7 Tax Collector NPC?
- 8 Should we note hardmode NPCs that don't require the world to be hardmode?
- 9 Santa
- 10 Npc's selfdefense
- 11 Info needed about weapons that damage NPCs
- 12 Question
- 13 Trivia: The Mechanic is only one block wide while bound...
- 14 NPC Pages
Party Girl Conditions[edit source]
184.108.40.206.1 Respawn bug?[edit source]
I murdered my guide and the Nurse died during a bloodmoon and they haven't respawned at least a week later, all my houses are suitable and I meet the requirements for the two people to spawn. I live in a hallowed ocean across the jungle. That's all I can think of that may effect things. 220.127.116.11 20:20, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
I am having a different problem where after having people murdered multiple npcs of the same type and name move in. Having 12 Walter the Merchants is not helpful to me. Anyone know what may be causing this bug? They spawn oddly in quick succession and during the night even. 04:12, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
Biome specific items[edit source]
Can someone please finish this with a list of these items. Things like the clothier beanie and the witch doctor jungle items.
Being More Specific about NPCs[edit source]
I think that NPCs Should have their Gender and Species listed. The only reasons I don't do it myself is because A: I don't want to tick off an admin, and B: I don't know how to use CurseClient Wiki, only Wikia. --18.104.22.168 21:13, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
My Guide has not respawned after death![edit source]
My Guide Died during a blood moon and has not respawned. I have an extra room and all but still no guide. Can someone help me?
- Make sure the house is still valid after the invasion, and that enough time has passed for him to respawn. It's hard to give any more advice than that or tell if it's a bug or not, as we don't know the specifics of your case- you'd probably do better to seek this kind of advice at the forums.
On the world I'm currently using, there's a large, deep pool near the NPC housing. Whenever the Traveling Merchant spawns, he tends to quickly walk into this pool , where he dies moments later. My main house is a few thousand blocks away, too far away for enemies to spawn and kill him, but also too far to reliably confirm the cause of his death. I've had other NPCs die without explanation, all near large bodies of water, but the Traveling Merchant is the most consistent- and conveniently, he leaves his hat when he dies, marking the place of his death, and it's always at the bottom of the lake. I think it's worth testing whether or not submerged NPCs lose health and drown like players now. Gearzein (talk) 11:22, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- I've just tested it; NPCs that remain submerged too long now gradually lose health and eventually die. This isn't an expert feature either; this is a normal, pre-hardmode world. I don't know if this test is sufficient for verifiability but if nothing else I'm removing the claim that they're immune to drowning from the page. Gearzein (talk) 11:35, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- The Nurse can be considered "immune" to drowning; she can throw health kits at herself for 20 HP. She starts doing this as soon as she's damaged, including damage from drowning. The problem is, her "health kits" heal her at the exact same rate she loses HP, so she can't drown. She also can't heal herself if hurt by a zombie in the pool, but eh. Commandhat (talk) 21:47, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Tax Collector NPC?[edit source]
Is the Tax Collector Hardmode only, or not? On the NPCs page, he appears in the Hardmode category, but in the table that appears under "Character's pages", he's listed as Pre-Hardmode. Here's a print screen of the table I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/QPHHd3l IcerOut (talk) 20:47, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
- It requires Hardmode. I've just corrected the nav box (the table at the bottom of the page). Equazcion (talk) 20:51, 6 Jul 2015 (UTC)
It'd be great to get two columns, one for damage, and the other for defense. I'll see if I can add it in myself easily enough, but if not, someone else should
22.214.171.124 06:57, 8 July 2015 (UTC)Magyk Bob
There seems to be an issue with this because I have all the npc's. I even turn my date on my computer ahead to make sure I got Santa Claus, even though it was stated that you don't need him. They also state that there's 22 npc's in all. That's not true either because I counted them up on the main page on this wiki. And before you start about the Taxman, I also have him and it's still on 21 npc's. Why won't this work?
Should we note hardmode NPCs that don't require the world to be hardmode?[edit source]
The Pirate, Steampunker, and Santa Claus, specifically, are considered hardmode NPCs because the requirements involve a hardmode boss or event to be defeated, but the world does not technically I have to be hardmode to accomplish that, you can find an item to summon the boss/event and bring it to a non-hardmode world to get the NPC to spawn. I was thinking, maybe we could make a note of this on the main NPC page, maybe using a a dagger (†) and a footnote along the lines of "† NPC can be acquired in a non-hardmode world as long as the conditions are met." Would that be a good idea, do you think? Knight9910 (talk) 21:16, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
Npc's selfdefense[edit source]
Info needed about weapons that damage NPCs[edit source]
I'm trying to kill the tavernkeep and realized that info would be useful. I've only found that [[Rotten Egg]s apparently damage NPCs. Anything else? --Leonord curse「talk」 09:11, 10 December 2016 (UTC)
- The intro section discusses some things that kill NPCs (fourth paragraph). The only player-wielded weapon is Rotten Eggs. Other than that there's lava, traps, enemies, and water (they do drown). Equazcion (talk) 09:18, 10 Dec 2016 (UTC)
I have a player in a hardmode world and I'm going for most of the achievements now as I have beaten the moon lord, so I got the last town NPC but was not awarded the achievement for having all NPCs in my world. I tried reloading the world. The only unusual circumstance might be that I have a solar pillar in the world. Reecespuff (talk) 00:24, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- You sure you have every single NPC? LordofEditing =(Talk)= 00:44, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- All 23 of them. Reecespuff (talk) 00:46, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- Possibly a bug. Take a screenshot of the housing interface (the one where you can rehouse and view npcs) and refer to the forums as a bug. And also be 100% sure that you have not earned the achievement beforehand. LordofEditing =(Talk)= 00:53, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- All 23 of them. Reecespuff (talk) 00:46, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
Trivia: The Mechanic is only one block wide while bound...[edit source]
"The Mechanic is only one block wide while bound, whereas she is two blocks wide once talked to. This can be used to force her into a one block wide space." Can someone verify this? Afaik blocks are 16x16 pixels. NPC.cs seems to have bound mechanic width set to 18, same as bound goblin(tinker), bound wizard, and all of their unbound versions. I tried to 'box in' four bound wizards, but it didn't work. Seems like spawning places them in the middle of a block(code seems to confirm this(x*16+8)), so they manage to block 3 blocks worth of width unless knocked back by enemies. This could just be some block placement glitch, some multiplayer related glitch or console/mobile difference? 126.96.36.199 15:30, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
nvm, just found webbed stylist that I could block into 1 wide space. someone erase this talk please, I can't seem to do it as unsigned user 188.8.131.52 12:20, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for looking into it :) p.s. we don't delete talk sections... you never know when somebody may be getting ready to ask the very same thing ;) – Ferretwings (talk) 14:58, 30 May 2017 (UTC)
NPC Pages[edit source]
Is there a standard to what sections of the pages be where? For example, on some the "Names" Section is after "Notes", others it is after "Trivia." I would fix them all to be one standard, but I am not sure if there already is one. If not, we can discuss here where to put what and make a standard. Shadowjared24 (talk) 02:26, 24 June 2017 (UTC)