- 1 Id
- 2 Killable?
- 3 Bug
- 4 Bulb amounts
- 5 "Plantera's Tentacle"s
- 6 first time hardest/ nerved in 1.2.4?
- 7 Plantera affects spreading speed?
- 8 I can't damage the hooks!
- 9 plantera glitch
- 10 Block the Plantera page
- 11 Thorn Hook
- 12 Plantera trophy
- 13 Grenade Launcher drop on first Plantera kill?
- 14 The Zapinator
- 15 Godzilla Movie Reference
- 16 Light Disc damage
- 17 OP difficulty
- 18 new tip incorrect?: Plantera does not run away or despawn automatically...
- 19 Mentioned small mistake in the "drops" section
- 20 Enraged Plantera
- 21 Help?
- 22 Stuck
- 23 Impossible
Would very much appreciate the Plantera's Pod's ID , and possibly it's spawning conditions. Also, the strategy to pull Plantera up to the surface is doable, but getting too far away up with the rope makes the boss despawn. —Preceding unsigned comment added by TehFridgeMaster (talk • contribs) at 04:56, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
Are Plantera's Hooks actually destroyable/killable? I see them having a health/defense listing of 4000/24 respectively on this page, but hovering the mouse cursor over them (in-game) doesn't bring up any numbers like it does with almost every other enemy in the game. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 15:03, 10 October 2013 (UTC)
- I do not believe they are. The game has health and armor values for them, but I don't think it actually uses them. --GauHelldragon2 (talk) 17:23, 10 October 2013 (UTC
Bulb amounts[edit source]
Multiple bulbs can spawn at the same time on a large world. I've found 3 within a fairly close proximity of one another. 22.214.171.124 09:30, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
"Plantera's Tentacle"s[edit source]
I'd like to contribute that the "Plantera's Tentacle"s (The tongue like things as this page puts it) have 1000 hp each 126.96.36.199 22:05, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
first time hardest/ nerved in 1.2.4?[edit source]
is there anything in the script/AI/stats that would make her harder when not killed yet on a world/ or was she made harder in 1.2.4?
because when 1.2.4 came out i made a new world, and i keep dying on her, while whit the exsact same gear ( unreal stygner, hoverboard, forstspak boots, lava wadders, charm of myths and ankh shield, all whit either menacing or warding ) i was able to farm her on my 1.2.3 world —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 10:32, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
- Nevermind, i managed to blast her apart whit my stygner this time, which was, according to 52 temple keys, 3 unlocked lizhards and 5 crafted dungeon keys, was my 60th plantera kill —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 07:59, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- thought more advise could of course never hurt for those people who are preparing for their 1st plantera kill rather then their 60th, thee isnt much left of the stretegy guide for her so........ ,i did what i coud there by adding the Stynger to list of weapons that can be used to farm her, but i have no idea what guidelines to add for area preparation as i've only made 3 boss arenas so far, one golem grinder in the lizhard, one spiky ball trap grinder to solopumpkin and frost moons, and one asphalt skybridge reinforced whit campfires+hearth lanters, and extended whit slope to ocean for fighting duke fishron. so i would thanks you in advace if you ( whoever reads this ) helped improving the guide to —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 08:12, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
Plantera affects spreading speed?[edit source]
Someone recently added to the corruption, crimson, and hallow pages that killing Plantera slows down the spread of these biomes to 1/3 their original speed. Is this true? It seems unlikely to me. -Xolroc (talk) 12:56, 17 June 2014 (UTC)
I can't damage the hooks![edit source]
Try as I might, all my attacks pass RIGHT THROUGH the hook claw things....they're immune to damage as far as I can tell. - 18.104.22.168 04:41, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- I just tested this and it looks to me like you're right. I corrected the page. Thanks. Equazcion (talk) 08:32, 31 Jul 2014 (UTC)
plantera glitch[edit source]
just killed plantera and was about to go by the auto hammer thing from truffle when he got killed by a blck ghost thing ( never cared to look at the name) and now truffle wont respond and i will be damned if i have to do all that again. is there something you can do so he will spawn back or am i sol. email me with any answers make subject terraria [email address removed] Anawilliams (talk) 08:39, 3 August 2014 (UTC)
- Once you kill Plantera, a "switch" is set permanently for your world. You shouldn't need to kill it again. It's possible you just have to wait a little while until the Truffle re-spawns. NPCs like the Truffle usually re-spawn the following day after being killed. Make sure its House is still alright, and that there's enough Mushroom Biome in the area. PS. I removed your email address -- it's not a great idea to post that stuff here. Equazcion (talk) 12:43, 3 Aug 2014 (UTC)
Block the Plantera page[edit source]
- Uh, you might wanna put the content in the content section and not the title: for example, it could be Title: Block page request. 22.214.171.124 12:51, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
Thorn Hook[edit source]
Plantera trophy[edit source]
Grenade Launcher drop on first Plantera kill?[edit source]
"When Plantera is defeated for the first time, it will always drop a Grenade Launcher with Rocket I for ammo, as well as the Temple Key."
- Technically no boss drops any of their normal loot on expert mode; all of it is handled through treasure bags, which have different drop rates. The bag's drop table on Treasure Bag indicates that it isn't guaranteed to have a grenade launcher inside, but the same 16.7% chance all other Plantera weapons have. Whether the incongruity between normal drops and bag contents is intentional or a bug is unknown, but those rates are noted on the wiki. Gearzein (talk) 01:52, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
The Zapinator[edit source]
About a week ago, I added a piece of info to the Trivia secion that stated Plantera had a chance to drop a Zapinator on the 3DS version. A bit later, I saw that someone put basically the same thing in the Notes section. First of all, would someone please do something about it? I know I can't remove it because I'm not a moderator, but I don't think it makes sense to have the same thing on the page twice. Secondly, if anyone knows what the drop rate is for the Zapinator, please add it. I don't know exactly what it is, but it's fairly common. I'd say it's a 1/7, but again I don't want want to put anything untrue on the page. PlanteraBlade (talk) 04:20, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
- There are no moderators on the wiki, and you don't have to be an admin to make changes to a page. If you could add it, you could just as easily remove it.
- That said, there's no indication that the Zapinator is deliberately obtainable. Until proven otherwise, it's being treated as a bug. Before we can just accept as fact that a dev-only testing item removed from all other versions of the game is intentionally dropped by a boss with no discernible relation to it, someone working on the 3DS version would need to confirm that it's meant to happen and won't be patched out. Gearzein (talk) 01:24, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
- On the first version of Terraria on the 3DS (1.0), it was obtainable as a drop from Plantera, only its name was bugged out. https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69i6LbCETIyDEPf
- In update 1.0.1, its name was fixed to say "Zapinator", along with any modifiers it may have. https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69i5f5kQJsDvTTV
- I would assume this means the people working on the 3DS version acknowledge the Zapinator is obtainable legitimately, otherwise it probably would have been removed altogether in the update. I should also mention that the Zapinator is a reference to something made by Nintendo, and considering the 3DS is a Nintendo system, I can understand if this is a 3DS (and soon-to-be Wii U) exclusive thing. PlanteraBlade (talk) 06:54, 22 February 2016 (UTC)
Godzilla Movie Reference[edit source]
The first and second form of Plantera reminds me of the Plant monster from 1989 Godzilla movie Godzilla vs. Biollante. It had two forms: Rose form: Rose like head with tentacles, and Monster form: Head with piranha like mouth and tentacles. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 00:53, 26 February 2016 (UTC)
Light Disc damage[edit source]
Hi im posting this at the top so maybe someone will see it... Well im new here so if this is the wrong way to do it just delete this. But i recently battled Plantera, using Light Discs and Hallowed Armor, but i was only able to deal around 15 dmg to her with easch hit! Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? —Preceding unsigned comment added by EpicEgill (talk • contribs) at 16:49, 3 March 2016 (UTC)
- First of all your weapon of choice of weak for plantera, you should mine some cloriphite (excuse my misspelling) and craft it into bars, you can access some more powerful weapons using cloriphite, second, you should NEVER, take plantera out of the underground jungle, this will triple her defence, attack, and speed, third, Seeing as you like melee weapons, I would recommend the cloriphie parizan, a spear like weapon. Hope this helped. —Preceding unsigned comment added by TheRagingFire (talk • contribs) at 17:01, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
OP difficulty[edit source]
I have noticed that the strength of enraged plantera is comparable with the Moon Lord. 188.8.131.52 12:48, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
- In my opinion enraged Plantera is harder than the Moon Lord, I tried to fight her enraged with a character that I almost beat the Moon Lord with and she obliterated me almost instantly. Vortexpillar (talk) 22:46, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
new tip incorrect?: Plantera does not run away or despawn automatically...[edit source]
"Plantera does not run away or despawn automatically if the player dies, and thus the player can set their spawn in the arena they are fighting Plantera in in order to prevent it from despawning."
Is this based solely on this revision?
I went ahead and tested it twice on pc 184.108.40.206 in single player non expert. In both cases plantera started running away very soon after player death. One time in about 50% jungle 50% corruption "natural jungle" it despawned well before player respawning(even without longer respawn of expert mode). The other time, in my mob grinder which is mostly empty square with very little blocks and background walls for it to latch on to, one of its tentacles was still on screen when I respawned. I tried to chase plantera but after about a second it apparently despawned still off screen(didn't check the map), and one remaining tentacle "decomposed/exploded" on screen. 220.127.116.11 16:21, 2 May 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for testing it- I just went ahead to test on the 3DS version and it seems Plantera won't run but will still despawn- presuming that the console and mobile versions are similar, I'll remove the note. :^) 4e696e6a6f795844 (talk) 20:23, 2 May 2017 (UTC)
Mentioned small mistake in the "drops" section[edit source]
- It seems that in 18.104.22.168, Plantera now drops 50 to 149 rockets. I've adjusted the page to say so. :^) 4e696e6a6f795844 (talk) 14:25, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
Enraged Plantera[edit source]
It is a common misconception that Plantera turns orange upon going enraged this is due to the youtuber Yrimir making a video where he fought enraged Plantera without armour and with pre-plantera items. One of the weapons he used was the Golden Shower which turned Plantera orange as it lowered its defense. --Suitmoon2 (talk) 13:18, 20 July 2017
I was wondering what I'm doing wrong, I'm a mechanical boss beater pre-Plantera player who mainly uses the terra blade and the Uzi and I have full turtle armor. Is there a Plantera-weakness weapon I need to use? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 14:21, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- There's a list of melee weapons that work well on Guide:Plantera_strategies#Melee if you want to check out alternatives. In my experience though, you have to establish a "safe zone" where you won't get damaged by Plantera's projectiles before you worry about your damage output. 4e696e6a6f795844 (talk) 15:12, 1 October 2017 (UTC)
- You can find strategies on defeating Plantera here. 4e696e6a6f795844 (talk) 00:39, 3 March 2018 (UTC)
Me and my friend are trying to beat plantera. after getting and Godly Uzi and Godly Terra Blade, once we get it to 1000- health it just kills us really fast even if were at 500 health. Anyone else? Sly Slacker (talk) 02:06, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- Plantera can be a pain in the ass for first timers, especially in Expert mode. If you have problems, you should check this guide. As for my reccomendations, you should try to stay mobile at all time, in a huge and open space. Not outside the jungle of course, just make a large arena and get the best wings if possible. Murrayzero (talk) 09:03, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- We used full Chlorophyte armor Ninjaboy3827 (talk) 13:13, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- One of you could try using full Turtle armor which greatly boosts your survivability. Bear in mind that it comes at the cost of lots of DPS. Beating Plantera is definitely not impossible. What platform are you playing on, by the way? Mobile is known for being a little bugged at times. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 15:35, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- We used full Chlorophyte armor Ninjaboy3827 (talk) 13:13, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
We play on old-gen console. We do have enough for o e set of turtle armor. I have true Excalibur (crafted from Excalibur and a broken hero sword), and my friend has true night’s edge( night’s edge and broken hero sword).