The final wave seems to be endless, using server time setting commands me and a friend managed to get to wave 15, and pumpkings would spawn endlessly along with mourning woods. --126.96.36.199 06:30, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
"meaning it is intended to only be accessible to players who have already completed virtually all of the end-game content in Hardmode" Sorry, but pumpkins, hollowed bars and ectoplasm are not endgame. It's early to mid hardmode, since it really only asks you to kill a boss and a couple mobs in dungeon. --188.8.131.52 12:55, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- Pumpkins are easy to get, that's true. Hallowed bars though are mid hardmode since you need to kill a hardmode boss and one might prefer to have already smashed some altars and crafted some hardmode armors before doing so. And ectoplasms are rather late hardmode now since you need to kill one hardmode boss AND Plantera to get them. It's still an endgame item because if you use ectoplasms and hallowed bars to craft pumpkin medallion instead of armors and weapons, it means you have some extra, otherwise it would be a waste. --Fegazeus (talk) 15:46, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
i get to about wave 7 on my own,. you definitely need a better farming srategy than just running left and right,. or some friends. Anyone have suggestions - or been able to solo all the waves up till the boss? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 14:52, 26 October 2013
- I manage to get to wave 11 on my own before the night ends. Survival isn't a problem after going through a number of these and getting to know the enemies. Instead, my biggest problem seems to be doing more damage to enemies to kill them faster and reach later waves earlier. I used my pre-built arena for the encounter but I recently added a huge number of Lihzahrd traps to it, hopefully that will get me to wave 15. --DoubleFloat (talk) 19:03, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
It is also useful for farming other stuff. I farmed pirate maps on sea creatures while pumpkin moon was active. The spawn rates in the sea have also been increased. I added it to the "notes". But there is some stuff that should be tested.
- Will this even work for undergrund areas? I tested it in the dungeon, I think the spawnrates where higher, but I am not sure. It definitly was not that significant as in the ocean.
- Will the spawn rate be even higher, if you get to a higher wave first and then port to the farming area?
Watch out for headless horsemen. They are fast, powerful, and the worst thing is they are weaker than a Mourning Wood, yet they take longer to kill than a Pumpking. — Preceding unsigned comment added by CursedInferno (talk • contribs) at 17:00, 19 October 2014
Spawn location?[edit source]
I was just curious whether the enemies for this event spawn near the initial player spawn location (like the Goblin Invasion), or do they spawn where the player is currently located? - Heptadragon (talk) 17:06, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
- Never mind - just did the event last night and confirmed that the enemies spawn where the player is currently located. I should have noticed this from the arena video on the main page. oops! =) - Heptadragon (talk) 15:33, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- As Pumpkin_Moon#The_Event attempts to explain, each wave (besides the first) of the Pumpkin Moon is activated when a certain score is attained. The different enemies yields different values when killed, and these values are used to reach the score required to initiate the next wave The whole system revolves around killing weak monsters in order to advance to stronger ones. NoseOfCthulhu (talk) 19:16, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
Different Biomes have different spawn rates. Do these have any influence on pumpkin/frost moon? In other words, would it be advantageous to build my moon arena in the jungle? --Thelizardreborn (talk) 13:52, 18 June 2014 (UTC)
- I brought this question here. Apparently invasion spawn rates overwrite biome spawn rates, meaning what biome an arena is built in doesn't matter. Spawn rate changes by Battle Potions and Water Candles are also overwritten. NoseOfCthulhu (talk) 18:13, 17 July 2014 (UTC)
Arent the lunar events the most difficult in the game now? It still says frost moon is most difficult of all, should i add ( the first being the lunar events)? And put a console icon on the frost moon thing -Vortexpillar (talk) 14:19, 10 July 2015
In the tips section, there is a tip saying that you can use a cannon at 37 blocks up to fight. I don’t understand how that works, cannonballs are not affected by gravity and can’t be aimed straight down, can they? Ninjaboy3827 (talk) 21:14, 4 April 2019 (UTC)
- Cannonballs are affected by gravity. You can see the cannonballs falling due to gravity at the Cannon page's demonstration gif. --Baconfry39 (talk) 07:52, 5 April 2019 (UTC)
Keeping the hearts from bosses on the ground for later waves[edit source]
Should the Tips section has it? Like "Keeping the hearts dropped by earlier waves' bosses on the ground might be useful later on when bosses appear in greater numbers". I did this and it's proved to be quite useful for me, especially when all the health regen boosts + healing potion is practically useless when a bunch of Pumpkings along with Mourning Woods start swarming the screen, the heart can be useful for some quick health. 220.127.116.11 17:35, 6 May 2019 (UTC)