- 1 1.4 Item drop rates possibly outdated
- 2 Farming/Moneymaking potential
- 3 Ideas for testing functions
- 4 They're for chest marking.
- 5 Teleport statues
- 6 Other Statues
- 7 Spawn
- 8 Spawning rate out of date
- 9 Getting The Full Collection
- 10 Easy to use spawner
- 11 I got a slime spawning stick from slimes from a statue
- 12 Enemy statue spawns item farming immunity?
- 13 Knowledge of wiring statues
- 14 Stars don't drop
- 15 Some other ways to kill the entity efficiently
- 16 Cool down
- 17 Spawn Limits - Distances are Outdated/Wrong
- 18 Merge Statue Pages
- 19 Lihzahrd statue bug
- 20 1.3 Armor Statues can still be crafted?
- 21 Critter statues not generating anymore?
- 22 King Statue error
- 23 Possible Statue Bug
- 24 Selling goldfish
- 25 Spawning problems
- 26 Source of the "offscreen" exception mentioned in Notes?
- 27 Missing Statues
- 28 Page is ambiguous as to statue spawn range
- 29 Unimplemented statues
- 30 Critter Statues in 1.4 and new Spawner Statues
- 31 Garden Gnome?
- 32 Category:Pages where template include size is exceeded
1.4 Item drop rates possibly outdated[edit source]
It seems in 1.4 they modified the drop rates of certain items that drop from mobs spawned from statues. Piranhas definitely do not drop Hooks at a 3.32% chance when spawned from a statue. I tested by spawning 500 Piranhas from a statue. They dropped 3 hooks, and no Robot Hats or Compasses. I'm thinking they removed Compasses and Robot Hats from the statue Piranha drop table and lowered the Hook drop chance. They probably changed a bunch of other drop rates for statue-spawned enemies. Can anyone investigate this? --Yaboiblurex (talk) 13:17, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
- Opened the game in ilSpy... I found a variable called StatueSpawnedDropRarity, it contains floats for every statue enemy, most of them in the range of 0.05f. From what I read on the page already, a few enemies already had this applied to them, but I think they increased the list. Here's the code in question, and ignoring -1f, the shorts are the enemy IDs and the floats are the percentage they're decreased to, if I'm reading correctly.
- public static float StatueSpawnedDropRarity = Factory.CreateCustomSet(-1f, (short)480, 0.05f, (short)82, 0.05f, (short)86, 0.05f, (short)48, 0.05f, (short)490, 0.05f, (short)489, 0.05f, (short)170, 0.05f, (short)180, 0.05f, (short)171, 0.05f, (short)167, 0.25f, (short)73, 0.01f, (short)24, 0.05f, (short)481, 0.05f, (short)42, 0.05f, (short)6, 0.05f, (short)2, 0.05f, (short)49, 0.2f, (short)3, 0.2f, (short)58, 0.2f, (short)21, 0.2f, (short)65, 0.2f, (short)449, 0.2f, (short)482, 0.2f, (short)103, 0.2f, (short)64, 0.2f, (short)63, 0.2f, (short)85, 0f);
- Frozenreflex1 (talk) 15:33, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
- That would explain why the Hooks drop so rarely. What I'm assuming this means is that all the statue spawned enemies have their drops multiplied by a certain constant. The Piranhas - in this case, which are ID 58, have a float value of 0.2f. It seems this means that all its drop rates are reduced to one fifth. This checks out because when testing I got 3 hooks from 500 Piranhas, which is about one fifth of what I would normally get. This would mean we would have to update all the drop rates for the newly modified staue-spawned enemies using their updated float values. However, they might have also removed the Compass from the statue-spawned Piranha's drops. This happens frequently with certain enemies; such as the Unicorn not dropping Blessed Apples. Is it possible for you to check the drop tables of statue-spawned enemies to see if those have changed at all? --Yaboiblurex (talk) 18:11, 20 May 2020 (UTC)
With limited testing, it seems as if pigrons will only drop the pigron kite. My drop rate was 3/600 during a storm. ~Revaras
It seems unicorn statue can now drop Blessed Apple now even though prior to 1.4 it was not listed as a drop. Multiplayer server with 2 players while grinding for horns. The dropped apple was spotted at a closed off statue where only a stationary summon (Frost Hydra) was damaging unicorns from it. 126.96.36.199 20:57, 29 May 2020 (UTC)
Farming/Moneymaking potential[edit source]
the bomb statue can be used to make money fairly quickly - hook it up to a five second timer, stand by it, collect bombs and sell them for one silver each. put this lot in a secluded area with no mobs, leave it running, easy cash! similarly, you can put several Piranha statues between two dart traps and hook them up to the same timer, to grind hooks.
- No. Biome Keys do not drop from enemies spawned by statues. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 00:07, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
Ideas for testing functions[edit source]
I'm thinking some of the statues need to be placed in a certain biome to be activated, or perhaps placed on a specific kind of block. Or perhaps they just haven't been given a function yet. It's going to be interesting to see the sorts of things people find in the coming weeks. I don't have them yet so I can't test without cheating but I think it's likely that for example the Imp statue may only work in the underworld, and Hornet may only work in the jungle or underground jungle. I would test the Reaper and Gloom in the Dungeon, the Goblin during a siege, and the Angel/Cross in the Hallow. Plasmafox 09:29, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Hate to rain on your parade, but I've looked at the code. Imp, Hornet, Goblin etc... all do nothing no matter where you place them or what under what conditions. --GauHelldragon 10:17, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Aww... well I can't wait to see what the devs do with them. Plasmafox 11:18, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
They're for chest marking.[edit source]
I'm thinking the decorative statues are here to mark chests more quickly than signs would. Would you rather have a chest above a sign that you have to click to read "Swords" or a picture of a sword right under it? They also cover pretty much every category, if you include the mannequins. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 17:06, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure that's what they're for. It's certainly one of their uses, but if that really was their express purpose, they would probably be craftable (decorative ones at least). --Lunboks 17:15, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- I am of the opinion that they are basically statue Pokemon. --Theothersteve7 19:08, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
Teleport statues[edit source]
Does anyone know if these could be used to "rescue" bound NPCs from the caves/dungeon without having to actually look for them, as in, teleport them to your location where you can then free them, or do they work only on free NPCs? --184.108.40.206 19:07, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- I have not tested anything like that, although I would think it would not. A bound NPC is probably counted as a different one than the shopkeeper, as their dialogue is not the same and do not sell anything. Even just after they're freed, items can be bought from them as if they were in a house. Even if it did work, it would be totally useless, as bound NPCs only actually appear when in monster spawning range, in which case you could just run and free them. —Preceding unsigned comment added by JehutiSprazzletats (talk • contribs) at 04:52, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
Other Statues[edit source]
I have seen it a couple places, but I can no longer find them for reference. Tree/Mushroom statues increasing tree/mushroom spawning rates while powered up. (trees while offscreen) Eyeball statue increasing spawn rate and spawn max for flying eyeballs at night while powered up. Corrupt/Gloom statues increasing corruption/hallowed spread rate while powered up. (statue's range of influence never mentioned)
I wish I could find the references again, but thought I would toss it on here for someone better suited to 'testing' to see. Ransal —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 02:53, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
- No, other statues don't do anything according to the source code. --Icke 11:39, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
if a statue is spawned in lava, while the statue be destroyed if the lava gets moved or what? Lazeman 05:13, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I found a statue with just the very top sticking out of lava. I started draining the lava, thinking maybe once I hammered the statue lose the lava might destroy it. But I accidently ended up digging under it, so it came loose before all the lava was gone, and the statue was indeed destroyed by the lava before I could get it.--Ericjs 06:24, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
Spawning rate out of date[edit source]
This article makes it sound like statues that spawn items can be triggered repeatedly with no cool down, Heart statues at least have a 10 second cool down, which makes me think this is perhaps out of date and they have been nerfed in one of the updates since it was written. I haven't tested other statue types. Anyone have the scoop? --Ericjs 06:17, 4 February 2012 (UTC)
- Thats not entirely true. A item statue with 1 timer will spawn every 10 sec, with e.g. 2x1 sec timer it will spawn every 3 sec, dont know the logic behind this (v. 1.1.x) --18.104.22.168 11:16, 27 September 2012 (UTC)
Getting The Full Collection[edit source]
(Please excuse any sloppiness on my part, this is my first time doing this) Is there any way to effectively collect statues? I have found a few of them but the rest are proving difficult to locate. I also require multiple versions of certain statues for various things. Any information would be well appreciated. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 18:31, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- Hello, and welcome! Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get all statues. Besides searching your world (and probably creating other worlds to search as well), there's not much you can do. I you can find a multiplayer server, you might be able to find people to help you in your quest. (And as a side note, there's no sloppiness in your post, except you didn't sign with ~~~~ but that's not a problem for a first post). Have a nice day! --126.96.36.199 23:25, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
Easy to use spawner[edit source]
I just wanted to suggest this version of my spawner to be used on the page. I don't want to make any changes to the page, since I don't have a strong background in Terraria wiring, but if someone else thinks this is worth then please do. :) And yeah, the entrance to it is supposed to look like a Millenium Falcon. And no, it is not meant to look like a ... Fright01 09:15, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
I got a slime spawning stick from slimes from a statue[edit source]
Enemy statue spawns item farming immunity?[edit source]
Is it true that enemy spawn statues are immune to item drops outside their statue item pool? Like if I was to set up a farm in the Crimson, would that mean that the statue spawns are immune to the Crimson Key/Mold despite they being for every creature, or for the goodie bags? EXAMPLE: I've been farming in the Hallow for a couple hours and I've not gotten a single goodie bag or mold from statue spawns, but I get goodie bags from the general Hallow creatures.--188.8.131.52 02:23, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
Knowledge of wiring statues[edit source]
Does the guide ever mention any hints about statues spawning things, and if not, how would a normal player ever figure out that it is even possible? Yes i know if you messed around trying to hook up wires to enough things that perhaps you would figure it out, but doesn't seem too likely that someone would do that, and yes perhaps a friend on a server so happened to figure it out and showed you, but where did he get the information from? Probably on this site. Perhaps I haven't seen any hints or tips within the game to suggest that it's possible. Are there any?
It would just feel like cheating to me if I started to use wired heart statues to kill bosses, when I discovered the information by watching a video/read stuff on this wiki, when there really isn't any other way (besides trial and error) that I could of figured it out playing the game myself. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 20:19, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- As far as I know, there is no in-game guide or explanation for wired statues giving drops. 220.127.116.11 21:13, 5 November 2013 (UTC)
- Wiring statue examples can be seen by a player walking around with a Wrench or Grand Design. 1.3.1 world spawns often include a monster statue wired to a pressure plate. This has been very interesting for beginning players when the monster statue in question is a Pigron! 18.104.22.168 03:05, 5 July 2016 (UTC)
Stars don't drop[edit source]
I had a slime statue hooked up to a 1 second timer over a bit of lava so it didn't destroy the drops. I noticed that they didn't drop stars usually, but when I used a magic weapon to kill something ELSE they did. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 20:39, 31 July 2014 (UTC)
- (Not from the person who posted this sentence, but in response to it: enemies only drop stars if you don't have full mana Bob4333 (talk) 22:21, 30 May 2016 (UTC))
Some other ways to kill the entity efficiently[edit source]
I provide an idea: use Minions. For example, spiders. you put a spider where the entity spawns and the entity will be killed almost instantly. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 09:26, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Cool down[edit source]
Other statues which spawns NPC may have CD time too. I can never make a single statue spawn at a frequency of two entity per second, no matter how frequent my engine works. So the only way to get quicker money is to collect more jellyfish statue. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 09:26, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- As far as the code says, every block of the functional statues(except for item statue) has a cooldown of 0.5 s and that means if you only activate only one block you will only have a speed of 2 entities per second, but 12 if you activate 6 different blocks using separate engines. Notice that if you can't make two 1-second-timers to act just accurately 0.5s interval you will still get a result of 1 e/s, so the more frequent your engine is, the more possibility it will have to satisfy the upper limit of the statue itself. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 04:50, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
- So according to my experiment, one jellyfish statue, if fully exploited its 12-spawn-per-second capability, can gain about 5 platinum per hour. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 13:18, 8 August 2014 (UTC)
Spawn Limits - Distances are Outdated/Wrong[edit source]
Testing (in PC version 18.104.22.168) has shown distances currently stated on wiki to be far too large, should be:
- No spawn if 3 or more of statue's mob type within ~13 tiles of statue's spawn spot.
- No spawn if 6 or more of statue's mob type mobs within ~39 tiles of statue.
- (No spawn if 10 of statue's mob type anywhere in world.)
Video demonstration here: http://youtu.be/kUt03Dn_FyA
Also, activation cool-down on a statue's input tiles is still triggered even if the above spawn limits block a spawn from occurring. So, pre-emptive (or simultaneous) activation of the 4th, 5th and 6th input spots, while a statue's first 3 mobs are still present (not yet killed),can lead to a reduction in statue farm output efficiency: e.g. for a slime/jellyfish statue, 6 spawns/s, instead of 12 (at the limit).
- Further in-game testing (PC) showed that item statues have spawn limit ranges distinct from (larger than) those for enemy/critter statues. I have updated the entire spawn limit section accordingly. I was only able to verify the limits to within 1 tile (e.g. 12), but have stated them to a 1 decimal place (e.g. 12.5), based on the assumption that they are programmed in as a nice round number of pixels (e.g. 200). I would appreciate someone with access to decompiled code confirming or correcting these figures. But for now they are at least a lot closer to reality.
- Z3R0gravitas (talk) 19:18, 22 September 2014 (UTC)
Merge Statue Pages[edit source]
- All done, I think. Equazcion (talk) 05:08, 18 Sep 2014 (UTC)
- PS. I only merged the decorative statues, as those all generally contained the same basic info. I left functional statues alone as they are a bit more nuanced. Equazcion (talk) 05:19, 18 Sep 2014 (UTC)
Lihzahrd statue bug[edit source]
Forgive me, I'm not familliar with using Wiki's, and don't know how to format, but I wanted to contribute a small thing.
I had a Lizhard statue spawn outside the temple. It was just under the glowing yellow circle(the alter?) under the temple. I didn't even realize it what it was at first and wondered why it was copper looking. It was the normal Lizhard statue. —Preceding unsigned comment added by FeralGTx0 (talk • contribs) at 01:12, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
- I added your information in the Bugs section at Lihzahrd Temple (it's now in one of the first bugs listed there). Thanks! Equazcion (talk) 02:30, 9 Nov 2014 (UTC)
1.3 Armor Statues can still be crafted?[edit source]
I'm pretty sure Armor Statues can still be crafted at a Work Bench, and I haven't found one in the wild yet (on a new world)...Screenie here: http://i.imgur.com/ILqJCUf.jpg I understand that it probably can't be crafted at a _Heavy_ Work Bench, but the information that it must now be found on its own is simply inaccurate... 22.214.171.124 04:53, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
Critter statues not generating anymore?[edit source]
Is it just me, or the critter statues can't be found on caves anymore as of 1.3.1? I've been looking for them on a new world I generated after that version and I haven't seen one. There's only two possibilities: either I have been really unlucky (it's perfectly possible, there are now so many statues, finding a specific one is a pain), or they made it so that they can't generate, to compensate for being able to craft them now (it would also make sense, what's the point of finding a statue you can craft as many as you want instead of one you can't craft?). Morenohijazo (talk) 11:45, 12 October 2016 (UTC)
King Statue error[edit source]
I'm not sure if it's just me experiencing this issue but it seems like the King Statue is not summoning the Angler, Demolitionist, Tax Collector, Pirate, or the Cyborg, but is summoning all other male NPCs, the Queen Statue still seems to summon all of the female NPCs just fine. Anyone else experiencing or able to reproduce this error? Codpoke (talk) 11:06, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
Possible Statue Bug[edit source]
I noticed with newer statues like undead viking or blood zombie, they won't drop any loot at all, unless directly killed by player. Not even lava works. Can someone recreate further, and tell me? Try specifically with Undead Viking Statue. Thanks. Pazon123 (talk) 21:28, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
- I posted this on the Talk:Compass page, but since you just posted this, I'll answer here too. In 1.3.1 the developers made it so certain mobs won't drop items unless you "interact" or attack them before they are killed. Else, they won't drop anything. It's not a bug, so much as a way of preventing easy farming of mobs by just letting them sit in a lava pit. 4e696e6a6f795844 (talk) 21:34, 30 December 2016 (UTC)
Selling goldfish[edit source]
This page says selling goldfish from statues is a good way to get money, but I can't figure out how to sell them. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Derpmerpface (talk • contribs) at 20:38, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
- What platform are you using? Mobile? – Ferretwings (talk) 01:05, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
Spawning problems[edit source]
when i activate a skeleton statue off-screen during day the skeleton doesn't spawn, but when it is night it spawns. i don't know why and it seems to happen with blood zombies too. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Chubbicat (talk • contribs) at 02:33, 22 January 2019 (UTC)
Source of the "offscreen" exception mentioned in Notes?[edit source]
I noticed that under the Notes heading there is a bullet point stating, "Statues if naturally placed can spawn enemies only if its(sic) slightly off screen." I am almost certain that I have seen naturally spawned statues spawn creatures while on screen. Does anyone have proof that what this note says is the case? Robbyo4 (talk) 02:41, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
- I agree, this is either worded in a misleading way and actually means something else or just plain false. The note was added by an anonymous editor (diff) who has made no other contributions, so it is unlikely they will be able to explain what they meant; hence I went ahead and removed it. Thank you for noting this! --Rye Greenwood (talk) 19:48, 27 November 2019 (UTC)
Missing Statues[edit source]
There are several statues missing from the lists. I am not familiar with editing wiki pages, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to add them? The imp, hornet and pickaxe statue are nowhere to be seen even though they should be on the decorative statue list. The heart, star and bomb statue should also be on the "Functional Statues"-list, should they not?
If there is a solid reason why these are missing, I would very much like it to be explained to me, because I cannot find any good reason why they would be. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 21:53, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
- Have you tried reloading the page or searching for the statues using your browser's search function (usually Ctrl+ F)? All six statues you mentioned display at their correct locations for me: Imp, Hornet, and Pickaxe Statues are part of the list in the Decorative statues section, and Bomb, Heart, and Star Statues are in the "Drop Items" table at the bottom of the Functional statues section. --Rye Greenwood (talk) 23:17, 1 December 2019 (UTC)
Page is ambiguous as to statue spawn range[edit source]
The page says 12.5 distance for 3 spawns, and 37.5 for 6 but it isn't clear if it's 37.5 between each statue, or just the first and third. It should instead do the following.
1. Remove any mention of pixels, this is not necessary information.
2. Round up half numbers, we can't do anything on half a tile.
3. Rather than describe the spawn limits per distance, instead just say how far apart each statue needs to be.
In other words describe it like this.
One statue can be anywhere
The second statue must be at least 13 tiles away from the first.
The third statue must be 38 tiles away from the first (or second the page isn't very clear on this)
Try to remember that players come here looking for help, not to be given math assignments.
Unimplemented statues[edit source]
Critter Statues in 1.4 and new Spawner Statues[edit source]
So I'm not sure why no one has edited it into the page yet, but all critter statues now require both the Heavy Work Bench and Graveyard's Ecto Mist to make. I've tried it out myself in my Journey mode world. Just putting this out there since I'm new here and I'm not too familiar with how the editing system works. (Also make sure to update the Ecto Mist page itself.)
Also the Imp Statue now summons imps. There might be more statues that have been upgraded to spawners (I heard somewhere the Eyeball Statue now summons Demon Eyes but i'm not sure. Anzasquiddles (talk) 11:53, 22 May 2020 (UTC)
Garden Gnome?[edit source]
Since the Bast Statue is listed in this article, should the Garden Gnome be listed as well? (It provides +0.2 "Luck".) While there's no "Statue" in the name, it acts and places very similar to the Bast Statue. Plus: It's naturally occuring in it's placed form - unlike the Bast Statue, which can only be found randomly in Sandstone Chests. --188.8.131.52 06:41, 26 May 2020 (UTC)