- I can confirm that all four types will grow in a forest biome. I'd like to edit the page to reflect this but I feel that it first needs more consistent information on how they spawn everywhere else. I'd imaging that all four will grow in a jungle and underground as well, but I've yet to see any outside of forest biomes so I can't say for sure. Also, has anybody seen them in crimson/corruption/hallow? --Setheral (talk) 17:28, 4 July 2015 (UTC)
- Found my first Strange Plants, they require the use of a pickaxe to be gathered. Fegazeus (talk) 18:49, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Sky bridge[edit source]
- It grows on dirt blocks even with no grass on it, so making a sky bridge 700+ ft above the ground is a good way to farm these strange plants, though it might require a Large map an a couple thousands dirt blocks. Fegazeus (talk) 18:49, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Plant Proximity[edit source]
Could someone get a reference of where in the code, strange plants can't spawn near other dye plants? I've looked at the generation code and couldn't find anything about it.
- I wouldn't know a thing about where in the code it is, but it's been confirmed by Yoraiz0r --Setheral (talk) 20:12, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- Also, about your comment that they cannot grow above 3/20 of the world surface. Are you sure this is even correct? 3/20 above 0 ft would still be, in most cases, underground. Seems like this would make more sense if it meant from the top of the world surface (Just before Space). --Setheral (talk) 20:48, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Plants underground[edit source]
This probably isn't the correct way to use all the things on the talk page, but I found a Strange Plant in the underground... corruption. On some dirt that I had placed previously. Does this mean that they can grow underground, or was this a strange bug?
- This is not a bug, Strange Plants can grow underground on dirt, moss, or jungle grass. –KM100 (talk) 06:09, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Interesting thing about the colors.[edit source]
The colors of the orange, purple, and green strange plants are the same colors as the Solar, Nebula, and Vortex Celestial pillars respectively. I think that this would be an interesting thing to put in a Trivia section. 18.104.22.168 13:23, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
This is an item of quest rarity.[edit source]
can someone who knows how add the category?