I think it is safe to assume that his role is collecting taxes. I know it's a stretch. 220.127.116.11 08:33, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
Budd dwyer[edit source]
I think it's kinda weird to include the name of a politician that committed suicide on Live TV. Anyone else?
- Not sure which version you're playing but the PC source code says "call". Equazcion (talk) 18:14, 6 Jul 2015 (UTC)
On the tip it states that with max npcs it would only take 10 minutes to reach 10 gold. However this does not add up as you only get 10.5 silver per minute or 105 silver every 10 minutes. With 20 npcs/(10 SPM) it would take 100 minutes to reach 10 gold and with 21 npcs just over 95 minutes.
The TC's quotes seem to be badly coded. According to the source code, the Dryad, Arms Dealer and Demolitionist quotes are all correct, but cannot actually appear because they get overridden by either the Merchant quote (1/6 chance) or one of the general ones. The "don't know why they bother" quote in the Trivia section is likewise unreachable (off-by-one error in the random selector). -- SDGlyph (talk) 01:22, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
I think the word you want there is "bug". 18.104.22.168 10:33, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
- It's a direct quote from the game text. You may want to bring this up at the forums instead- the devs might get a good laugh out of it. Gearzein (talk) 11:33, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
- The Tax Collector's quote when the Dryad is present implies that the pair had sexual intercourse in exchange for not paying taxes - hence the "fungus growing in strange places."
- An alternative interpretation of this line could mean that the Dryad did not accept his advances, and made her displeasure known, which is supported by him saying he "tried".
Regarding the previously removed trivia above. I honestly thought the second interpretation was what was being implied when I read the quote in-game for the first time. I think it should be included as it has merit. Shadowsyllvet (talk) 18:55, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
- I disagree,"fungus growing in strange places" proves this in the favor of the former.TOTORO01 (talk) 18:59, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
- If I had the power to make plants grow and some old man propositioned me, I'd make mushrooms grow out of his orifices as well... That's what I meant. That seems like an equally valid way to get "fungus in strange places". Shadowsyllvet (talk) 19:05, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
Categorizing Quotes[edit source]
I like the way the quotes are categorized by NPC. I noticed the Dryad#Quotes wasn't categorized in the same way though. Should the other NPC's be edited to match this? Shadowsyllvet (talk) 18:55, 9 December 2016 (UTC) Edit: Misrepresented which NPC wasn't categorized in the same way, changed the link to point to the Dryad. 19:22, 9 December 2016 (UTC)
- I like this too, what about categorizing by every factor? i.e. "in a crimson world only" or "in a corrupt world only" (different wording but something along those lines).TOTORO01 (talk) 19:01, 9 December 2016 (UTC)