In my opinion, it would be appropriate to create a separate page for the Underground Hallow, since the enemies and the environment down there are very different from the surface. Just like there are separate pages for the Jungle and the Underground Jungle. What do you think ? --Tcas 10:25, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
Yes. Enemies don't seem to drop souls of light/night in the aboveground Hallow/Corruption respectively. Also, it looks like hallow/corruption on the surface don't spread downward, just across like the jungle or mushroom grass. I think the world re-generates an underground hallow and deep corruption after Wall of Flesh is defeated, and these are distinct areas that can't grow. Someone should try to create an artificial underground hallow to test this.
(In response to above) It IS possible to create artificial underground hallow and corruption. The game determines if it's hallow/corruption based on the number of those biome-specific blocks, not if there's actually supposed to hallow/corruption there. As for the fact that Hallow/Corruption don't spread downward from the surface, how would they? There's not enough area they can spread to to move downward. There's not enough stone or exposed dirt for that to happen. --Henix
Spreading tests[edit source]
Add your remarks/results here !
- the artificial Hallow spreads exactly like the Corruption (pre-hardmode) :
- However, since all Hallow mobs were introduced as hardmode, only the usual mobs (slimes, zombies) spawn.
- Since stone is not affected, no Underground Hallow biome is created
- Hallowed does stop at Corruption and Corruption stops at Hallowed,they cannot spread over each other.
- Not tested :
- Spreading speed : is it the same as for the Corruption ? Is it slower than in hardmode ?
Yeah, I know that pre-hardmode artificial Hallow isn't very interesting, but that's for the sake of science. --Tcas 23:02, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
Spread distance[edit source]
After some testing it seems "hallow blocks" can turn blocks up to 3 blocks away into hallowed blocks.
I have tested recently the hallow + Corruption blocks, I noticed on normal terraria (Not hard mode) That the hallow pushed into some corruption,this only seemed to happen though when there was more of the hallow in the area.
Corruption can be removed with Purification Powder; what about Hallow? - Spinfx 01:59, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Vile powder has the same effect on the Hallow --GauHelldragon 03:51, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks, good to know that :) - Spinfx 05:00, 15 December 2011 (UTC)
needs clarification on this sentence[edit source]
" Neither the Hallow, Corruption nor Crimson can spread through the Underworld , but the wall of flesh causes some of it to be biome related"
what has the wall of flesh to do with that?????? it seems this sentence was the subject of heavy editing, and doesnt mean anything anymore....188.8.131.52 03:35, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
- It means that if you built your hellbridge or WoF arena out of stone blocks then killing the wall of flesh will turn might some of that into pearlstone ebonstone or crimstone which are the "biome related" blocks.
Bugs in need of confirmation[edit source]
Two bugs were just added to the buglist, which both seem unlikely. Can someone confirm that the hallow may spawn on worldgen, and also that the hallow may fail to spawn after hardmode? Xolroc (talk) 18:13, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- Never seen either happen myself, if anything. NoseOfCthulhu (talk) 18:51, 23 July 2014 (UTC)
- the latter happened to me 184.108.40.206 22:14, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
Lightning Bugs[edit source]
Lightning bugs are listed on this page as night time enemies... can someone please fix?
- Hmm. The biome info table is like every other, with all mobs listed under "enemies", but most others list nonhostile mobs under a "critters" subheading. The Hallow is just so sparsely populated with mob types that the Lightning Bug is the only unique critter, and half of the things that spawn only at night. It doesn't really make for a pretty fix but for the moment I've put the bug under Critters, leaving the poor Gastropod alone. If anyone has a less hacky solution for this, feel free to take the reins. --Gearzein (talk) 23:25, 22 November 2014 (UTC)
My edit[edit source]
Why was my edit about how redigit posted to reddit he has planned a alternate removed? it was entirely needed in this page.
- I didn't remove it, but I can tell you multiple reasons why it might've been. First and foremost, Upcoming Features have their own proper page and aren't posted to main wiki pages. That said, the last source I remember hearing for the planned hallow alternate was at least two years old, well before the release of 1.3, and in the time since other members of Re-Logic have clarified that no such alternate is currently being worked on. Unless you have a recent source indicating it's being worked on again, this claim would be removed from the Upcoming Features page as well. Gearzein (talk) 21:52, 10 December 2015 (UTC)