Tall Gates differ from traditional Doors in the following ways:
- The Tall Gate's opening is 5 tiles in height, which is large enough to allow players on Mounts to pass through without dismounting (unlike Doors, which are only 3 tiles tall).
- Unlike Doors, Tall Gates do not occupy additional space when opened; hence blocks or furniture placed on either side will not prevent them from opening.
- Tall Gates come in only one variety (unlike Doors, which have a different version available for each furniture theme).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tall Gates can still be opened by NPCs, and can be forced open by enemies during events like a Blood Moon. Tall Gates require 5 hits from an enemy in order to be forced open.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the item inventory sprite showing it from the front, like Doors, the Tall Gate is never actually displayed this way when placed, as it does not open to the side when in use.
- As an Iron/Lead Bar contains 3 Ores, this item is made from a 1:1 ratio of Wood to Ore.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.