Tall Gates are furniture items. They are essentially tall, sliding Doors which can be opened and closed by using ⚷ Open / Activate. Unlike regular doors, they do not occupy additional space when opened, hence an item placed on either side will not prevent them from opening. Tall Gates have no other special properties to distinguish them from doors, and come in only one variety.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Just like normal doors, NPCs can also open Tall Gates.
- Although it may seem like a Tall Gate would be better at keeping enemies out during a Blood Moon, Tall Gates are in fact easier to break open, as they cannot be proofed against forced entry in either direction by barricading with otherwise passable torches or furniture.
- Despite this, the Tall Gate takes 5 hits before it can be opened by enemies who can do so.
- Furthermore, adding a "bumper" in front of a Tall Gate renders it impregnable by enemies.
- Because Tall Gates are only 5 blocks tall, most enemies can simply jump over them, even with the extra block above them that is required to place the gate.
- Tall Gates are ideal for players who do not wish to dismount, but still use doors in their construction plans. This is because a normal door is 3 blocks tall while a player riding a mount is 4 blocks tall (5 when on a Unicorn) and thus cannot pass through.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite the item inventory sprite showing it from the front, like other doors, the Tall Gate does not actually open to the side when in use.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.