|Type||Accessory • Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Displays how many monsters have been killed|
- Internal Item ID: 3095
The Tally Counter is an informational accessory that displays how many monsters have been killed. It is one of the three parts necessary to make the R.E.K. 3000, with the others being the Lifeform Analyzer, and the Radar, and as such is a required ingredient in making the Cell Phone. The Tally Counter will first display "Kill count unavailable" underneath the map/health area and after an enemy has been attacked, the text will display how many times that enemy has ever been killed by players in that world. The kill count will only display the last enemy struck by the player or their minions. It will count deaths from world creation rather than from when it was equipped.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most accessories, informational accessories such as the Tally Counter do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The Tally Counter may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality. Additionally, the info it provides will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped, however.
- Each enemy's kill count is kept track of even before a Tally Counter is acquired.
- The Tally Counter displays "Kill count unavailable" for several different enemies:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be very useful when trying to acquire a specific monster banner, which drop in increments of 50.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This device works based on the world's kill count of each enemy, not the individual character's. This can be observed when travelling to a different world, as well as during multiplayer; each kill counts towards the total.
- Certain Hardmode versions of pre-Hardmode enemies do not have a kill count, and will instead share the kill count and banner of their pre-Hardmode counterpart, e.g. Giant Worms and Diggers.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.