The Target Dummy is a furniture item that serves as a test target for player attacks. It can be attacked repeatedly by players, displaying damage numbers just as enemies would, in order to test the effective damage output of a weapon as affected by any modifiers, current buffs, or equipped boost items. The Dummy is never destroyed by weapons, no matter how much damage it takes. It can be freed via any Pickaxe.
The Dummy will also display damage and visual effects caused by damage-producing debuffs, allowing players to test their damage output, frequency, and duration. Though it visually recoils when struck, the Target Dummy is unresponsive to knockback and will never move.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Target Dummy has 0 defense. As enemy defenses lower player-inflicted damage values, the damage values displayed when hitting a Dummy are only base values for the purposes of comparison, and will not usually represent the actual damage effectively inflicted on enemies during combat.
- The Target Dummy has an associated entity, which can despawn, making the dummy unresponsive. It can also be teleported and will fall down if there are no blocks below.
- The Target Dummy will not attract homing weapons or the attacks of most minions, though the Stardust Cell's ranged attack will affect it, and minions that harm on contact such as the Stardust Dragon or Deadly Sphere will deal damage as they pass through. The Chlorophyte armor set bonus will target the Target Dummy only when the player wearing the armor is attacking it. Weapons that invisibly target enemies themselves, such as the Medusa Head or Magnet Sphere, will also fail to function against them.
- Many special effects that occur on damaging an enemy, such as the homing pumpkins of The Horseman's Blade, and the extra projectiles provided by the Phantasm, will fail to activate against Target Dummies.
- Striking the Target Dummy will activate the Titanium armor bonus, should you be wearing the full set.
- The Target Dummy will not activate the Nebula's full set buff.
- Using the Life Drain on the dummy will grant the Life Drain buff.
See also[edit | edit source]
- accessory showing wearer's damage per second, useful for testing damage on target dummies , an
, a similar doll that can't be damaged but can be used to display armor and vanity items
- , the feminine version
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()