|Damage||95 / 88 Melee|
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
- Terra Beam
The Terra Blade is a Hardmode projectile sword crafted from a True Excalibur and True Night's Edge. When used, it fires a green sword-shaped projectile which costs neither mana nor ammunition, deals 25% more damage than the sword, and can pierce through two enemies, dissipating upon hitting a third enemy or a wall. The projectile can travel up to 5000 feet (2500 blocks) at a speed of 61 mph.
The Terra Blade becomes available after defeating one ( ) / all ( ) mechanical bosses.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
( + )
| × 3|
( Underworld )
|3 × |
|3 × |
| × 12|
( Underground Jungle )
|12 × |
|× 20||× 10||× 10|
| × 12|
|Only needed in|
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Speed-increasing sword modifiers increase the velocity and fire rate of the projectile. Melee speed accessories will instead only increase the swinging speed of the sword and the velocity of the projectile, but not the fire rate.
- Effects from a flask will apply to the sword's projectile as well.
- The sword's projectile will graphically disappear upon leaving the player's screen but will be visible again if they teleport in its direction.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In order to speed up the process of obtaining a Terra Blade, a Solar Eclipse can be spawned manually using a Solar Tablet. It is crafted from Solar Tablet Fragments which are dropped by enemies in the Jungle Temple. Although this biome requires defeating Plantera to enter, its enemies can frequently be found near the entrance door, and there are several methods to enter the Jungle Temple pre-Plantera.
- Quickly pressing the fire button, as opposed to holding it down, will result in a faster fire rate for the projectiles.
- Due to the fast speed and high damage of the beams, it is very effective to use the Terra Blade more as a projectile weapon than an actual sword. Even without the sword itself, it can still do massive amounts of damage at long ranges without the use of bullets or mana.
- Because the Terra Blade shoots projectile beams that can penetrate through enemies, this melee weapon is highly beneficial when fighting against hordes of enemies or for events such as the Pirate Invasion or Martian Madness.
- When seeking to craft the terra blade, it is recommended to gradually get all the materials you need as you progress through the game instead of having the scramble and collect everything when all materials are available.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its crafting tree contains a total of eight different usable swords.
- The projectile fired by the Terra Blade is referred to as the "Terra Beam" in death messages.
- The Terra Beam is the only sword shaped melee projectile that deals piercing damage. The Influx Waver's projectile can also hit multiple enemies, but does so by teleporting from one enemy to another.
- The Terra Beam’s color changes to yellow in a blood moon.
- The Terra Blade itself bears a certain resemblance to the Night's Edge in terms of shape, while the projectile appears more similar to the Excalibur, as "forged from the finest blades of light and dark".
- It is considered the strongest sword in the Old-gen console version and of the game, tied with versionThe Horseman's Blade.
- On the Console version and Mobile version, crafting the Terra Blade requires the most raw ingredients of any sword:
- Within the beta versions of the game, a feature was added for the developers where when a Copper Shortsword and 5 Mushrooms are placed in a empty Chest, after logging out and back, a Terra Blade will have appeared in the chest.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Now makes a new sound when swung.
- No longer directly requires a Broken Hero Sword to craft.
- Damage increased from 88 to 95.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Now autoswings.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage increased from 80 to 88.
- Increased projectile fire rate.
- Removed mana sound when swung.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.