|Damage||95 / 88 Melee|
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
- Terra Beam
The Terra Blade is a Hardmode projectile sword with autoswing, and is the third highest base-damaging melee and the highest of every sword in the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and being beaten only by Paladin Hammer and Possessed Hatchet both at 90 damage (base damage). When used, it fires a green bolt projectile which costs neither versionmana nor ammunition, deals 25% more damage than the sword, and can pierce through two enemies, dissipating upon impacting a third or hitting a wall. The projectile can travel up to 5000 feet (2500 blocks) at a speed of 61 mph.
The Terra Blade becomes available after defeating one ( ) / all ( ) Mechanical Bosses.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
( + )
| × 3|
( Underworld )
|3 × |
|3 × |
| × 12|
( Underground Jungle )
|12 × |
|× 20||× 10||× 10|
| × 12|
|Only needed in|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to the autoswing, the projectile will only fire on every other swing rather than every swing. The Terra Blade's projectile can be fired faster by rapidly clicking instead of using autoswing.
- Modifiers that decrease speed will not fix this, as they will also reduce the rate at which projectiles can be fired.
- Improvements to the weapon's melee speed increase the velocity of the projectile.
- Effects from a Flask will apply to the sword's projectile as well.
- The sword's projectile will graphically disappear upon leaving the player's screen but will be visible again if they teleport in its direction.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With enough damage from the correct accessories, it is possible to do more than 400 critical hit damage.
- In order to speed up the process of obtaining a Terra Blade, a Solar Eclipse can be spawned manually using a Solar Tablet. It is crafted from Solar Tablet Fragments which are dropped by enemies in the Jungle Temple. Although this biome requires defeating Plantera to enter, its enemies can frequently be found near the entrance door, and there are several methods to enter the Jungle Temple pre-Plantera.
- Due to the fast speed and high damage of the beams, it is very effective to use the Terra Blade more as a projectile weapon than an actual sword. Even without the sword itself, it can still do massive amounts of damage at long ranges without the use of bullets or mana.
- The Terra Blade on Mobile is considered to have some of the highest damage in the game, only losing to the Paladin's Hammer.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its crafting tree contains a total of eight different usable swords.
- Its projectile is technically the only sword shaped melee projectile that can pierce through enemies and damage multiple enemies. The Influx Waver's projectile can also hit multiple enemies, but instead of piercing through enemies, its projectile will teleport and go after the closest enemy after it damages another enemy.
- The projectile fired by the Terra Blade is referred to as the "Terra Beam" in death messages.
- The Terra Beam’s color changes to yellow in a blood moon.
- The Terra Blade itself bears a certain resemblance to the Night's Edge in terms of shape, while the projectile appears more similar to the Excalibur, as "forged from the finest blades of light and dark".
- The sword's projectile, Terra Beam, resembles the True Excalibur's projectile with the color of the True Night's Edge's projectile.
- Prior to 1.3, it was considered the strongest sword in the game, tied with The Horseman's Blade.
- Crafting the Terra Blade requires the most raw ingredients of any sword:
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Now makes a new sound when swung.
- No longer directly requires a Broken Hero Sword to craft.
- Damage increased from 88 to 95.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Now autoswings.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage increased from 80 to 88.
- Increased projectile fire rate.
- Removed mana sound when swung.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.